Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux do u know some application id that create admin id Post 302392224 by itik on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 05:05:28 PM
Old 02-03-2010
connection from where?

Hi All,

I got this /var/log/messages and I would like to know where this came from
Code:
messages:Feb  3 16:30:10 localhost PAM-Wheel[862]: unknown user admin
messages:Feb  3 16:30:12 localhost pam_tally[865]: pam_tally: pam_get_uid; no such user admin
messages:Feb  3 16:30:12 localhost PAM-Wheel[865]: unknown user admin
messages:Feb  3 16:45:01 localhost pam_tally[3967]: pam_tally: pam_get_uid; no such user admin
messages:Feb  3 16:45:01 localhost PAM-Wheel[3967]: unknown user admin

Is this from the internal os application or is it from other server application? It's happening every 5 or 15 min.

Thanks for any comment you may add.

Last edited by Scott; 02-03-2010 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

create application using apache On solaris

dears iam new in solaris i install solaris on my pc can you help me in steps how can i create application using apache on solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Application to create/edit chm files

Does someone knows an application to create/edit *.chm files? Any suggestion will be much appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
2 Replies

3. Programming

Can't create file bigger than 2GB with my application

Hi, I've created a simple application that is supposed to fill up a file with messages up to the size I pass as parameter. The problem is that once the file reaches the 2GB size, it stops growing. The flow of the application, for what is worth, is as follows: while ( bytes written <... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
7 Replies

4. Programming

unable to create phonon application on Qt

Hi I am new to QT.I am running Qt 4.7 on Fedora 9.My Application crashes with the the following statements. on execution of return app.exec(); The inferior stopped because it received a signal from the Operating System. Signal name : SIGSEGV Signal meaning :Segmentation fault:wall: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sruthihsr
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to create PATH for a application?

hi every one In linux, how to create a PATH for a application ? i searched, but no positive response any one like me got stuck with this problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshz
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Which is the best application to create recovery disk?

Hi Experts.... I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-Bit edition on my laptop I just reinstalled OS for some reason and installed many application packages using sudo as well as by downloading, now I would like to create recovery disk so that if I reinstall OS once again, I should be able to install... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies

8. Web Development

How to create a web application such as serverpilot to manage unmanaged Linux vps ?

hello, this is my first post here and i want to know about automated server management. how to create a web application such as serverpilot to manage unmanaged linux vps (digital ocean , vultr, etc.)?:confused::confused::confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jatin Singh
0 Replies
services-admin(1)						   User Commands						 services-admin(1)

NAME
services-admin - Basic tool to enable and disable SMF services. SYNOPSIS
services-admin [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
services-admin provides a simple list view of all the services configured on the system (in SMF) and allows the user to enable/disable the services. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% services-admin EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/services-admin Executable for services configuration. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/services Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/services Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. users-admin(1), shares-admin(1), time-admin(1), network-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), smf(5), svcadm(1M), svcs(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
It isn't possible to do anything other than disable/enable a service. Some services may not be listed. Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 services-admin(1)