Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor goes into standby
Operating Systems AIX Monitor goes into standby Post 302392214 by A_L_E_X on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 04:30:03 PM
Old 02-03-2010
Monitor goes into standby

On a IBM AIX 4.3.3 OS monitor goes into standby after a certain period of time. Where should i look to disable monitor power management ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

hdparm standby

Hi! I have a harddrive that I use in school. I allso wanna use it at home... It's built into a 5.25" rack, and is non-hotswap. My rack has a power key wich I can use to unpower the device. My question is, does the drive take damage if I just umount and run hdparm -y <dev> on it? 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp 5.3 primary and standby?

Hi All, How do I determine if a hacmp 5.3 server is a primary or a standby? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not connecting to primary from standby site

Hi All, I am using below shell script using SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view.If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind by - 2, then alert mail should be sent... How could I achieve it with improving the below script. #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for primary and standby DB archive log check

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 64 bits I would like the below script to send alert mail with the message - "Standby logs falling behind Primary" to xyz@yahoo.com Script ===== #!/usr/bin/ksh #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Use SQL*Plus to query... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ifconfig primary & standby purpose

I have two ethernet interfaces nge0 and nge1. An IP assigned on nge0 is 10.10.10.1/24 and on nge1 is 20.20.20.1/24. I want to make nge0 as primary interface. My question here is, 1. Being nge0 as primary interface, if I ping to an IP 20.20.20.5, what will happen? 2. If the answer for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
4 Replies

6. Solaris

IPMP active-standby configuration

Hi All, Need your help to explaining why when i configure 2 interface IPMP active-standby appear, INACTIVE and DEPRECATED parameter, detail screen shoot as below : root@machine01 # ifconfig -a e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
6 Replies

7. AIX

Servers state STANDBY in HMC v7

We have 2 p520 aix6.0 installed server. Both the server in cluster. and managed by HMC v7 both servers have rebooted due to power outage. Now both server state is STANDBY in HMC. I am unable to login or ping to that servers. Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
5 Replies

8. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies
APM(1)																	    APM(1)

NAME
apm - interface with the APM subsystem SYNOPSIS
apm [ -VvmMsSdin ] DESCRIPTION
This command requires the Advanced Power Management subsystem. If run without arguments it reads /proc/apm and presents the output in a human-readable format. Given a -S or -s option it requests that the machine be put into the APM standby or the APM suspend state, respectively. For a brief description of these states, see apmd(8). OPTIONS
-V, --version Print the version of the program and exit. -v, --verbose Also print version information for the APM subsystem. The APM subsystem consists of power-management hardware, firmware usually referred to as the APM BIOS and a driver in the operating system kernel. -m, --minutes Print the time remaining as a number of minutes. The default is to print the time remaining in "hours:minutes" format. -M, --monitor Continuously monitor and update the status information. Assumes that the standard output is a terminal. -S, --standby Request that the machine be put into the APM standby state. -s, --suspend Request that the machine be put into the APM suspend state. -d, --debug Print APM status information in a format more useful for debugging. Implies -v. FILES
/proc/apm AUTHOR
This program was written by Rik Faith (faith@cs.unc.edu) and may be freely distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for this program. The current maintainer is Avery Pennarun (apenwarr@worldvisions.ca). SEE ALSO
xapm(1), apmd(8). January 2004 APM(1)