Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp var for filename with spaces Post 302392164 by vbe on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 12:58:06 PM
Old 02-03-2010
just for fun:
Code:
ant:/opt/oracle $ touch "This is the long file namelong.PDF"
ant:/opt/oracle $ ll -lt|more
total 4
-rw-rw-r--   1 vbe        dba              0 Feb  3 18:52 This is the long file namelong.PDF
drwxrws--x   4 vbe        dba           1024 Jan 19 15:11 cstat
drwxrwsr-x   2 vbe        dba             96 Jun 30  2009 toto
drwxrwxr-x   5 oracle     dba           1024 Jun 23  2009 oraInventory
drwxrwsr-x   3 oracle     dba             96 Jun 23  2009 product
ant:/opt/oracle $ lfn="This*is*the*long*file*namelong.PDF"  
ant:/opt/oracle $ echo $lfn
This is the long file namelong.PDF
ant:/opt/oracle $ rm $lfn
ant:/opt/oracle $ r ll
ll -lt|more
total 4
drwxrws--x   4 vbe        dba           1024 Jan 19 15:11 cstat
drwxrwsr-x   2 vbe        dba             96 Jun 30  2009 toto
drwxrwxr-x   5 oracle     dba           1024 Jun 23  2009 oraInventory
drwxrwsr-x   3 oracle     dba             96 Jun 23  2009 product

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with echo for var, padded with spaces

While concatenating 2 values, one which expanded to fixed width & other not, I am not getting value expanded as fixed width. Following is script for the same : #!/bin/sh var1="abc" var2="def" var1Fxd=`echo $var1 | awk '{printf("%-6s",$0)}'` echo $var1Fxd""$var2 But, if I try - echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file using sh with spaces in filename

Hi I am trouble parsing through a file with spaces in the filename. I need to grab "supportIDPS/SCM/windows_install/file groups/dds.fgl" and then do a md5sum on it. I am using sh. Any help is appreciated. Here is an example of the input file: 7eedbc9f7902bf4c1878d9e571addf9a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jekl5
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files with spaces in the filename

Hi I am having difficulty copying files from one dir to another due to a space in the names of the file with an extension .rtf There are a group of files and the command am using is cp `ls -rt /wlblive/home/whiops/ops/RTFs/*.rtf|head -20` /wlblive/home/jamshed Since the files are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamshedj
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with spaces in filename

I have a text file containing files in a directory structure i.e. /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/datav_aug03 /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/comb8121sep02n /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/datav_feb04_ons /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/corpsick_jun06 /project/hr/raw/jcpdatav/jcpjoiners200507... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces within Filename

Hello, I have a Folder (myfile) which contain the following files: P$12789865KR +N+01+OM+16102009165416.nu P$M1-508962GD +N+01+ALP+14102009094417.nu Is there a sed command(s) that will loop through this folder and remove the spaces that exists in the filename? Any help would be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fishn
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running var (with spaces) as command

I seem to be fighting bash's shell expansions.. I set this variable: CMD="export MVAR=\"1 2 3\"" if I try to run it, it is clear the shell is parsing along the spaces of the contents of MYVAR: > $CMD + export 'MYVAR="1' 2 '3"' + MYVAR='"1' -bash: export: `2': not a valid identifier... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbw
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces in filename

Hello I canīt find an answer to my problem. I am trying to tar some files with spaces #!/bin/sh files="/var/installer/server Config /var/installer/client user /var/installer/Svenskt Language /var/installer/GUI user Plugin /var/installer/Firefox Plugin" tar -czvf /tmp/files.tar.gz... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lusen
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with spaces in filename

I have written a script to run ddrescue on a list of files. #!/bin/bash # # A script to rescue data recursively using ddrescue. srcDir=/damaged/hdd/movies/ #the source directory desDir=/new/hdd/movies/ #the destination directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colsinc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces in filename

Hi team, Here's a requirement for me. Here are the list of files i have in a unix directory. W 2 A D_2014.csv W 3 A D_2014.csv W 4 A D_2014.csv /home/kmani00-> uname -a AIX sliyyvxx 1 6 00F613E54C00 /home/kmani00-> The file names has to be without spaces as follows. W2AD_2014.csv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with filename spaces in Perl

The following command to replace text in place in multiple files in a directory is tripping up on filename spaces (Windows environment). I really don't know Perl. find '\\server\directory' | xargs perl -pi -e 's/textA/textB/g'Mike (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
2 Replies
PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)

NAME
PDF::API2::Annotation - annotation management METHODS
$ant = PDF::API2::Annotation->new Returns a annotation object (called from $page->annotation). $ant->link $page, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-page with page $page and options %opts (-rect, -border or 'dest-options'). $ant->url $url, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-url with url $url and options %opts (-rect and/or -border). $ant->file $file, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-file with filepath $file and options %opts (-rect and/or -border). $ant->pdfile $pdfile, $pagenum, %opts Defines the annotation as pdf-file with filepath $pdfile, $pagenum and options %opts (same as dest). $ant->text $text, %opts Defines the annotation as textnote with content $text and options %opts (-rect and/or -open). $ant->movie $file, $contentype, %opts Defines the annotation as a movie from $file with $contentype and options %opts (-rect). $ant->rect $llx, $lly, $urx, $ury Sets the rectangle of the annotation. $ant->border @b Sets the border-styles of the annotation, if applicable. $ant->content @lines Sets the text-content of the annotation, if applicable. $ant->open $bool Display the annotation either open or closed, if applicable. $ant->dest( $page, -fit => 1 ) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit the entire page within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the page within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fith => $top ) Display the page designated by page, with the vertical coordinate top positioned at the top edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire width of the page within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitv => $left ) Display the page designated by page, with the horizontal coordinate left positioned at the left edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire height of the page within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitr => [ $left, $bottom, $right, $top ] ) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit the rectangle specified by the coordinates left, bottom, right, and top entirely within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the rectangle within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fitb => 1 ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit its bounding box entirely within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the bounding box within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fitbh => $top ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with the vertical coordinate top positioned at the top edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire width of its bounding box within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitbv => $left ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with the horizontal coordinate left positioned at the left edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire height of its bounding box within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -xyz => [ $left, $top, $zoom ] ) Display the page designated by page, with the coordinates (left, top) positioned at the top-left corner of the window and the contents of the page magnified by the factor zoom. A zero(0) value for any of the parameters left, top, or zoom specifies that the current value of that parameter is to be retained unchanged. $ant->dest( $name ) (PDF 1.2) Connect the Annotation to a "Named Destination" defined elswere. AUTHOR
Alfred Reibenschuh perl v5.14.2 2014-03-09 PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)