Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to perform encryption through script Post 302392135 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 11:57:24 AM
Old 02-03-2010
That's logging stdout, not stderr. At least we've proved its actually reaching that line though! Try 2>>.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

encryption script

I am encrypting and ftping files with kshell from aix and I have a problem with the job not waiting long enough before it ftps the files. when I run the script it sends the files over and each time the file has a different length and cannot be decrypted but if I encrypt and the manually send the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdavis0418
3 Replies

2. Solaris

script encryption

hi all , i have a script that is written in ksh , i was wondering if there is a method or a command that can be used to encrypt the script and still make it execuable . i am running solaris 9 on SPARC . thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

4. AIX

Script to perform some actions on multiple files

I have this Korn script that I wrote (with some help) that is run by cron. I basically watches a file system for a specific filename to be uploaded (via FTP), checks to make sure that the file is no longer being uploaded (by checking the files size), then runs a series of other scripts. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Password encryption in script

:DHi i am preparing a script to connect to oracle from solaris.... now i want that no one is able to see the password in the script. is it possible...please help Regards Ankurk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to perform record format checks

Hi All, I have a requirement to perform the following checks. Input file is a "|" delimited file and looks like this. A|c1|c2|c3|.... B|G1|G2|G3.... C|H1|H2|H3... A|c4|c5|c6|.... B|G4|G5|G6.... C|H4|H5|H6... Now the check is to see if all the "A" records have a corresponding B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsjdrr
7 Replies

7. Linux

Pgp encryption script

I have file in linux which I need to do the PGP encryption. Through manually I am using this command to do the same gpg -c scsrun.log Enter passphrase : Repeat Passphrase : But how I can achive this using linux script. Thanks How to use code tags (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script -- Unable to perform division

I'm new to scripts, i wrote the below script to capture the percentage of FreeMemory available in Linux box. Output of UsedfreeMemory is displayed as '0'. I'm expecting the output like 0.89 (or) .89 --- ( 0.89 perferable) Anyone can help me on this pls. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali1687
3 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)