Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to perform encryption through script Post 302392107 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 10:58:38 AM
Old 02-03-2010
can you log the output of stderr when the program runs it? that may be useful.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

encryption script

I am encrypting and ftping files with kshell from aix and I have a problem with the job not waiting long enough before it ftps the files. when I run the script it sends the files over and each time the file has a different length and cannot be decrypted but if I encrypt and the manually send the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdavis0418
3 Replies

2. Solaris

script encryption

hi all , i have a script that is written in ksh , i was wondering if there is a method or a command that can be used to encrypt the script and still make it execuable . i am running solaris 9 on SPARC . thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

4. AIX

Script to perform some actions on multiple files

I have this Korn script that I wrote (with some help) that is run by cron. I basically watches a file system for a specific filename to be uploaded (via FTP), checks to make sure that the file is no longer being uploaded (by checking the files size), then runs a series of other scripts. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Password encryption in script

:DHi i am preparing a script to connect to oracle from solaris.... now i want that no one is able to see the password in the script. is it possible...please help Regards Ankurk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to perform record format checks

Hi All, I have a requirement to perform the following checks. Input file is a "|" delimited file and looks like this. A|c1|c2|c3|.... B|G1|G2|G3.... C|H1|H2|H3... A|c4|c5|c6|.... B|G4|G5|G6.... C|H4|H5|H6... Now the check is to see if all the "A" records have a corresponding B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsjdrr
7 Replies

7. Linux

Pgp encryption script

I have file in linux which I need to do the PGP encryption. Through manually I am using this command to do the same gpg -c scsrun.log Enter passphrase : Repeat Passphrase : But how I can achive this using linux script. Thanks How to use code tags (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script -- Unable to perform division

I'm new to scripts, i wrote the below script to capture the percentage of FreeMemory available in Linux box. Output of UsedfreeMemory is displayed as '0'. I'm expecting the output like 0.89 (or) .89 --- ( 0.89 perferable) Anyone can help me on this pls. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali1687
3 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies
ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)					      General Commands Manual						ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)

NAME
annotate-output - annotate program output with time and stream SYNOPSIS
annotate-output [options] program [args ...] DESCRIPTION
annotate-output will execute the specified program, while prepending every line with the current time and O for stdout and E for stderr. OPTIONS
+FORMAT Controls the timestamp format, as per date(1). Defaults to "%H:%M:%S". -h, --help Display a help message and exit successfully. EXAMPLE
$ annotate-output make 21:41:21 I: Started make 21:41:21 O: gcc -Wall program.c 21:43:18 E: program.c: Couldn't compile, and took me ages to find out 21:43:19 E: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 21:43:19 E: make: *** [all] Error 1 21:43:19 I: Finished with exitcode 2 BUGS
Since stdout and stderr are processed in parallel, it can happen that some lines received on stdout will show up before later-printed stderr lines (and vice-versa). This is unfortunately very hard to fix with the current annotation strategy. A fix would involve switching to PTRACE'ing the process. Giving nice a (much) higher priority over the executed program could however cause this behaviour to show up less frequently. The program does not work as well when the output is not linewise. In particular, when an interactive program asks for input, the question might not be shown until after you have answered it. This will give the impression that the annotated program has hung, while it has not. SEE ALSO
date(1) SUPPORT
This program is community-supported (meaning: you'll need to fix it yourself). Patches are however appreciated, as is any feedback (posi- tive or negative). AUTHOR
annotate-output was written by Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> This manpage comes under the same copyright as annotate-output itself, read /usr/bin/annotate-output (or wherever you install it) for the details. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities ANNOTATE-OUTPUT(1)