Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SSH with Keyboard Interactive Post 302392055 by pludi on Wednesday 3rd of February 2010 08:46:09 AM
Old 02-03-2010
Your problem is the line
Code:
PasswordAuthentication no

which effectively disables authentication by password (which is usually done interactively on a keyboard). Change that, restart the SSH server, and everything should work. Or, use the public key authentication that seems to be in place already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR : Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

Hello, when I try to connect to a remote machine through SSH username@host I am getting the error message Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). Can any one tell me what is the problem. the key is added in the remote machines authorized_keys file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit SSH if it is interactive

I am writing an automation that will ssh into hundreds of system and run a few commands. I ll be looping from ip X.X.X.10 to X.X.X.200 I have public key set up ready for "most" of them to run ssh non interactively. However some of the systems in these ip range do not have the public private key... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH non-interactive

Hi, I want to know how to use SSH non-interactively? I am already able to use sftp -b <batch file> user@host so public/private key set-up already is in place. But my supervisor has told me to use SSH now I want to know how it can be done? I want to do something like: done_files=`ssh ls... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-interactive FTP within SSH session not working

Hello everyone! I am trying to log-in to a remote server over SSH, transfer file1 there, perform some checks, capture the results in file2 and transfer file2 back to my local server - all of this non-interactively. Initially, I tried to do this within a singe SSH session, using the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subu1987
2 Replies

5. AIX

SSH Error - Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)

Hello, I'm trying to setup password less authentication to remote ssh server. I generated the public key and gave it to the vendor and The key is added in the remote machines authorized_keys file. When I try to connect to a remote machine through SFTP username@host I am getting the error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nice_chapp
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script with Interactive ssh on remote server

HI Unix Gurus, I an stuck in an interesting issue, where I am trying to execute a script on remote server after ssh. The script on remote server is interactive,. Whenever it is called it hangs where it expects input from terminal and I have to terminate it. I have searched through fourm... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevanm
12 Replies

7. Red Hat

Password less SSH for non-interactive NUID

We have a script which rsyncs two directories on two servers. This rsync will happen with the ID svID. But the script runs with the Control-M ID opID. we have setup password less SSH for svID, but it fails with Host key verification failed when the script is executed by opID. As opID is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Madimi
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Su-only account with ssh capability and no interactive login

Hello experts, Is it possible to have an user account on RHEL 6.3 as a su-only account, but with ssh capability and no interactive login? Let me elaborate. Say, we have a cluster of 5 RHEL 6.3 servers and an user account (strmadmin) on each of the server as an su-only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script through ssh AIX UNIX

I wish to launch a script with ssh command. This script launches a menu. The menu displays well but I can't interact with it. Can you help me :confused: ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues making SSH non-Interactive

I fire the rsyn command as below: rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive -e "/usr/bin/ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no" user1@myhost.server.com:/tmp/jarexplorer-0.7.jar /web/admin/data/ The above command get interpreted as below: ssh -vvv -o... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)				      General Commands Manual					 SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)

NAME
ssh-askpass-fullscreen - A simple replacement for ssh-askpass written with gtk2 SYNOPSIS
ssh-askpass-fullscreen DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gnome-ssh-askpass is a GNOME-based passphrase dialog for use with OpenSSH. It is intended to be called by the ssh-add(1) program and not invoked directly. It allows ssh-add(1) to obtain a passphrase from a user, even if not connected to a terminal (assuming that an X display is available). This happens auto-matically in the case where ssh-add is invoked from one's ~/.xsession or as one of the GNOME startup pro- grams, for example. In order to be called automatically by ssh-add, ssh-askpass-fullscreen should be installed as /usr/bin/ssh-askpass ssh-askpass-fullscreen is a program that... ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are recognized: GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_SERVER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the X server before asking for a passphrase. GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_POINTER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the mouse pointer will be grabbed too. These may have some benefit to security if you don't trust your X server. Keyboard is always grabbed. SEE ALSO ssh-add(1), ssh-askpass(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Marco Presi (Zufus) <zufus@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others) and it is based on that for x11-ssh-askpass by Philip Hands and the one for gnome-ssh-askpass by Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> May 8 , 2004 SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)