Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding directory and sub-directories individual size in Perl Post 302391530 by mikep9 on Monday 1st of February 2010 04:02:57 PM
Old 02-01-2010
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...imum-size.html

---------- Post updated at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:56 PM ----------

more links

https://www.unix.com/cfmgoogle.php?cx...directory#1302

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list file's by size order in sepecfied directory and sub directories

How do I list files of type "*.file" for example by size order recursively ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferretman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to execute commands in individual users' home directories

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script which execute certain commands within certain folders in each user's home directories I started off with a bash script - #!/bin/csh -f su -l cvsusr1 cvs -d /home/cvsadm/repository status But the shell script finishes immediately after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupa_lahiri
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up existing Directories using facls to recursively add an individual user

I've been working with Solaris/Linux for about 4 months now. Let me explain the scenario. There will be two users involved. The owner (curOwner) and the new user (newUser). The server in question is a Solaris 10 box. So curOwner runs an application that is constantly writing logs to lets say.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amadont12
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding size of all directories

Alright so I've tried a couple different things that at first glance, looked like they worked. find . -maxdepth 5 -type d -daystart -mtime 1 | xargs du -h Which seems to ignore the previous commands such as depth and modified time. find .. -maxdepth 2 -type d -daystart -ctime 1 | xargs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
8 Replies

7. HP-UX

Individual file size limit on HP-UX

I got a question on ulimit on HP-UX. I have a log file that gets more than 2 GB and the application crashes because it can not write to log. I browsed through the forum and found one very similar post on ulimit but that was not concluded. Did some analysis and below is some output. >getconf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for finding directories with mtime

Need assistance in the perl script . Below script gives me the results of all the files and directories with mtime with no issues . But i wanted to have a file and specify all the directory locations and use that file as reference and get results . Any ideas are highly Appreciated . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding non-existing words in a list of files in a directory and its sub-directories

Hi All, I have a list of words (these are actually a list of database table names separated by comma). Now, I want to find only the non-existing list of words in the *.java files of current directory and/or its sub-directories. Sample list of words:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhanu Dhulipudi
8 Replies

10. Debian

Finding out size of sub-directory

Hi, Is there a way to find out the size of a sub-directory? Eg subidrectory in main directory /data, like this : /data/solr-5.3.1. When I do a df -h /data/solr-5.3.1, it still gives the size of /data: root@L28condor:/data/solr-5.3.1# df -h . Filesystem Size Used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
DH_USRLOCAL(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_USRLOCAL(1)

NAME
dh_usrlocal - migrate usr/local directories to maintainer scripts SYNOPSIS
dh_usrlocal [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_usrlocal is a debhelper program that can be used for building packages that will provide a subdirectory in /usr/local when installed. It finds subdirectories of usr/local in the package build directory, and removes them, replacing them with maintainer script snippets (unless -n is used) to create the directories at install time, and remove them when the package is removed, in a manner compliant with Debian policy. These snippets are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of debhelper maintainer script snippets. When the Rules-Requires-Root field is not (effectively) binary-targets, the directories in /usr/local will have ownership root:staff and the mode will be 02775. These values have been chosen to comply with the recommendations of the Debian policy for directories in /usr/local. When Rules-Requires-Root has an effective value of binary-targets, the owners, groups and permissions will be preserved with one exception. If the directory is owned by root:root, then ownership will be reset to root:staff and mode will be reset to 02775. This is useful, since that is the group and mode policy recommends for directories in /usr/local. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 2.2 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Andrew Stribblehill <ads@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_USRLOCAL(1)