Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Will You Buy an Apple iPad?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Will You Buy an Apple iPad? Post 302391263 by zxmaus on Sunday 31st of January 2010 05:18:39 PM
Old 01-31-2010
I have voted yes after a while. I am an absolute ebook freak and so I will use it mostly as an ebook reader - that has the option to be used as a webinterface if need be. And what is in my opinion a big advantage against conventional ebook readers - and I had them all Smilie
I know I will not buy it right away - I never do - but I know I will buy it after a while as I bought almost all apple products after every one else had them already for ages - this included a macbook, various ipods, and finally even an iphone - I always had been critical and was 'against the crap' - but as soon as I got hold of them and had a while to play around, I tended to love them. So I am sure the same thing will happen to me again with the ipad.
I might be weird but - I have notebooks that can do everything - but I just don't need all this everything. I don't need to hop between applications. If I want to read a book, I want to do exactly this. I dont want to reply to emails or quickly surf the internet. If I want to do this - I do it afterwards. And hey I am a girl and native capable to multitask - I just don't want it Smilie
zxmaus

CALIBRE-DEBUG(1)						      calibre							  CALIBRE-DEBUG(1)

NAME
calibre-debug - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-debug [options] DESCRIPTION
Run an embedded python interpreter. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-debug that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -c, --command Run python code. -e, --exec-file Run the python code in file. -d, --debug-device-driver Debug the specified device driver. -g, --gui Run the GUI -w, --viewer Run the ebook viewer --paths Output the paths necessary to setup the calibre environment --migrate Migrate old database. Needs two arguments. Path to library1.db and path to new library folder. --add-simple-plugin Add a simple plugin (i.e. a plugin that consists of only a .py file), by specifying the path to the py file containing the plugin code. --reinitialize-db Re-initialize the sqlite calibre database at the specified path. Useful to recover from db corruption. SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-debug (calibre 0.6.53) July 2010 CALIBRE-DEBUG(1)