Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Searching log
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching log Post 302391082 by Franklin52 on Saturday 30th of January 2010 06:18:56 AM
Old 01-30-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharragilla
hi franklin could you please explain your code

and do we have any one liners for that using "Strings command"

Thnaks for your help
What do you mean with "Strings command"?

Code:
awk '/TN_CMBT_34XXX_M01_W_L_HDXC001/{f=1}
{a[NR%8]=$0}
f && /^,$/{for(i=1;i<8;i++){print a[i]}print;exit}' file

Explanation:

Code:
awk '/TN_CMBT_34XXX_M01_W_L_HDXC001/{f=1}

• Set a flag if the pattern is matched

Code:
{a[NR%8]=$0}

• Fill the elements of the array, here a mod operator is used as index

Code:
f && /^,$/

• If flag is set and the line contains only a comma

Code:
{for(i=1;i<8;i++){print a[i]}print;exit}' file

• Print the array and exit

If the explanation above is unclear to you, you can have a read of one of the awk tutorials here:

https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...tutorials.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple criteria in log files?

I would like a simple shell script that will allow me to display to screen all unsuccessful su attempts in my sulog file, for the present date. I have been trying several different combinations of commands, but I can't quite get the syntax correct. The mess I have right now (don't laugh) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Relykk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help searching log file with dates

Im tyring to create a script that will show me any lines in a file with todays date and yesterdays, the date format in the file is as follows ----- amqxfdcx.c : 728 -------------------------------------------------------- 07/12/05 09:53:20 AMQ6109: An internal WebSphere MQ error has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

3. Linux

Searching for gaps in huge (2.2G) log file?

I've got a 2.2 Gig syslog file from our Cisco firewall appliance. The problem is that we've been seeing gaps in the syslog for anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. Currently I've just been using 'less' and paging through the file to see if I can find any noticeable gaps. Obviously this isn't the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a log file and appending to a .txt file

I'm new to shell scripting and am writing a script to help me log the free memory and hd space on a server. As of now, the script just runs 'df -h' and appends the output to a file and then runs 'top' and appends the output to a log file. What I want to do, is have the script also search the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enator45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in a log file with little movement

I have a script which tails a log file and if it finds certain strings in the data tailed it sends an email, basically like this: tail -f logfile > tmp.file & sleep 10 kill $! STRING=$(grep -c "string" tmp.file) && echo $STRING | mailx -s "Warning.." admin@123.com When the string is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding vi commands for searching something in Log

Hi Folks, Please advise me that I have to search some thing in log , I have reached to that Location through putty and I have opened that log file through putty with VI editor .. cd /var/abc.log tail -f abc.log vi abc.log and I see the logs but please advise me the commands..If I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get line numbers while searching the pattern in log

Hi Folks, I am searching for a pattern in logs through putty by opening the file in vi editor and reaching to the last of the file by $ and then searching the pattern , lets say I have to search the pattern abc then it would be ?abc Now I want line numbers along with the matching pattern to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Error Message from a log life between timestamp of every 10 minutes

HI Everyone, My task is to search error messages last 10 minutes everytime from a log file. My script, date1=`date -d '10 minutes ago' "+%H:%M:%S"` date2=`date "+%H:%M:%S"` awk -v d1="${date1}" -v d2="${date2}" '$0~d1{p=1} $0~d2{p=0} p' filename No error getting in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctscbe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help searching for dates - Oracle ALERT log

Hi, I am searching for some specific string in an Oracle DB alert log and then possibly print the latest date string that I can find that the error happen. I can't work out how to search for date strings more so searching in some specific direction, i.e backward or forward. At the moment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
vblade-persist(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 vblade-persist(8)

NAME
vblade-persist - manage persistent exported ATA-over-Ethernet devices SYNOPSIS
vblade-persist ls [--no-header] vblade-persist setup shelf slot netif blockdev vblade-persist destroy shelf slot vblade-persist { start | stop | restart | auto | noauto } shelf slot vblade-persist { start | stop | restart | auto | noauto } all vblade-persist mac shelf slot { ls | clear } vblade-persist mac shelf slot { add | del } [ addr ... ] DESCRIPTION
The vblade-persist script is used to show and manipulate persistently-exported ATA-over-Ethernet devices. It has a simple subcommand syn- tax. Persistent AoE device exports can be configured to come up at boot time. For each running persistent AoE export, a symlink pointing to the backing device is created in /dev/etherd/, mirroring the devices seen by clients of the AoE device. MANAGEMENT SUBCOMMANDS
ls [--noheader] vblade-persist ls shows all existing persistent AoE exports. The columns of the output are, in order: AoE Shelf, AoE Slot, Network Inter- face, Backing Device, AutoStart, Status. AutoStart is either "auto" (start automatically at boot), or "noauto" (don't start automatically at boot). Status should be either "run" (running) or "down" (not running). The optional --no-header argument suppresses the header line. This may be convenient for machine-parseable output. setup shelf slot netif source vblade-persist setup creates a new persistent exported AoE block device. You must supply all four additional arguments. These are the same arguments supplied to vblade(8). You should specify source using an absolute path. New devices set up this way are noauto (not brought up automatically at boot) and down (not exported immediately). destroy shelf slot vblade-persist destroy halts any running exported AoE block device managed by vblade-persist and removes the service directory used to man- age it. start shelf slot stop shelf slot restart shelf slot These commands control a specific exported AoE device. Instead of specifying shelf and slot , you can also provide the special keyword all which will act on every exported AoE device. auto shelf slot noauto shelf slot These commands control whether a specific exported AoE device should be started automatically ( auto ) or not ( noauto ) at system boot time. Instead of specifying shelf and slot , you can also provide the special keyword all which will act on every exported AoE device. MAC-ADDRESS FILTERING You can use vblade-persist to restrict access to specific exports by MAC address, using the mac subcommand. mac shelf slot ls List all MAC addresses allowed to access the specified device, one per line. If the list is empty, no MAC address limits are imposed on this device. mac shelf slot clear Remove all MAC address filtering from the specified device. No MAC address limits will be imposed on this device. mac shelf slot add [ addr ... ] Add a MAC address (or more than one) to the list of allowed addresses for the specified device. Note that if there were no MAC addresses listed previously, this will enable MAC address filtering for the device. mac shelf slot del [ addr ... ] Remove a MAC address (or more than one) from the list of allowed addresses for the specific device. Note that if you remove all the MAC addresses from the list, this will disable MAC address filtering for the device. EXAMPLES
Set up /dev/sda2 as shelf 2, slot 3 on the network served by interface eth0. Make sure it starts automatically at boot, and start it up now: vblade-persist setup 2 3 eth0 /dev/sda2 vblade-persist auto 2 3 vblade-persist start 2 3 Limit that same export to MAC addresses aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff and 11:22:33:44:55:66: vblade-persist mac 2 3 add aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff 11:22:33:44:55:66 Remove all MAC address restrictions on the same export: vblade-persist mac 2 3 clear BUGS
You can't currently use the vblade-persist framework to export a device (or two) with the same shelf/slot identifier on two different net- work interfaces. DEPENDENCIES
The exports themselves are handled by vblade(8). Supervision of the exports and convenient management is enabled by runsv(8), from the runit suite. SEE ALSO
vblade(8), runsv(8) AUTHOR
Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> vblade-persist 2007-11-11 vblade-persist(8)