Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract two file contents and consolidate in the third file Post 302390819 by my_Perl on Friday 29th of January 2010 05:04:09 AM
Old 01-29-2010
Thanks agn. You are right. I have done the editing and made the correction.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

consolidate file in unix

hi, i am trying to consolodate the files in the unix with the '>>' i have some 50 or 60 files.is there any another way of consolidating the alll 50 or 60 files in to one file. actually the way i m doing creaating the problem while loading the file with teradat tpump and fasload. so if there is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare 2 file contents , if same delete 2nd file contents

Give shell script....which takes two file names as input and compares the contents, is both are same delete second file's contents..... I try with "diff"...... but confusion how to use "diff" with if ---else Thanking you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to delete the contents of a file which are matching with contents of other file

Hi, I want to delete the contents of a file which are matching with contents of other file in shell scripting. Ex. file1 sheel,sumit,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 sumit,rana,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 grade,pass,2,3,4,5,6,232,1,1 name,sur,33,1,4,12,3,5,6,8 sheel,pass,2,3,4,5,6,232,1,1 File2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranasheel2000
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the contents from file to a new file

Hi i would like to extract some part of the file to a new file. first I would like to search for a string in the file and then i want two or three line above from the string to the the required string(can be any character) I would like this to be made generalized in a script Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wedng.bell
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace partial contents of file with contents read from other file

Hi, I am facing issue while reading data from a file in UNIX. my requirement is to compare two files and for the text pattern matching in the 1st file, replace the contents in second file by the contents of first file from start to the end and write the contents to thrid file. i am able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeki
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Consolidate 2 file in 1 file

Hi I have to file in with 1 similar colomn. from both files i want similar values from column1 and col2 from file1 and col2 from file2 in file 3 file1 colomn 1 colomn2 rmoved (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Consolidate several lines of a CSV file with firewall rules, in order to parse them easier?

Consolidate several lines of a CSV file with firewall rules Hi guys. I have a CSV file, which I created using an HTML export from a Check Point firewall policy. Each rule is represented as several lines, in some cases. That occurs when a rule has several address sources, destinations or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: starriol
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract both contents from a html file and do printing

Hi there, Print IP Address: grep 'HostID :' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | awk -F '<br>' '{print $12}' | tr -s ' ' | awk -F ':' '{print "<tr><td>" $2 "</td><td>"}' Print Respective Ports: grep 'classsubsection\|./tcp\|./udp' 10.244.9.124\ nessus.html | grep -v 'h2.classsubsection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
xgamma(1)						      General Commands Manual							 xgamma(1)

NAME
xgamma - Alter a monitor's gamma correction for XFree86 SYNOPSIS
xgamma [-display display] [-screen screen] [-quiet] [-gamma f.f | [[-rgamma f.f] [-ggamma f.f] [-bgamma f.f]]] DESCRIPTION
xgamma allows X users to query and alter the gamma correction of a monitor via the XFree86 X server video mode extension (XFree86-VidMode- Extension). OPTIONS
-display display This argument allows you to specify the server to connect to; see X(7). -screen screen When multiple displays are configured as a single logical display, this option allows you to select the screen you wish to change. -quiet Silence the normal output of xgamma -help Print out the `Usage:' command syntax summary. -gamma f.f The gamma correction can either be defined as a single value, or separately for the red, green and blue components. This argument specifies the gamma correction as a single value. If no value for the gamma correction is given xgamma returns the current gamma correction of the display. -rgamma f.f This argument specifies the red component of the gamma correction. -ggamma f.f This argument specifies the green component of the gamma correction. -bgamma f.f This argument specifies the blue component of the gamma correction. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY To get default host and display number. BUGS
This client changes the internal values of the gamma correction for the Xserver. Whether or not these values are respected depends on the video drivers. The gamma values are passed to the Xserver with 3 decimal places of accuracy. SEE ALSO
xvidtune(1) AUTHORS
Kaleb S. Keithley, X Consortium. David Dawes, David Bateman XFree86 Version 4.7.0 xgamma(1)