Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 6.1 app running on 5.x?
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 app running on 5.x? Post 302390736 by zxmaus on Thursday 28th of January 2010 10:10:08 PM
Old 01-28-2010
If you don't use any special facility or library that was newly introduced with AIX 6.1 than you should be fine.

Kind regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with C app on Oracle running on Solaris 6

Hello, I would really appreciate some help with a problem my current client is having. He has an old legacy app that does his company's financial accounting and ERP for manufacturing, etc. The app was written by a company called "Just in time" in Austin, TX, and they are no longer in business. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w0lf
2 Replies

2. AIX

Error in running on AIX 5.2

A exe works fine on AIX 4.3 but when I run it on AIX 5.2, I can read the following message : Symbol resolution failed for pl2x because: Symbol connect (number 33) is not exported from dependent module /unix. Symbol select (number 36) is not exported from dependent ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMISS
0 Replies

3. Programming

find the fully-qualified path for the app my module is running in

Hi- I need the cpp call that will tell me the full path to the app I'm running in. For example, I'm running in a loaded library for either mozilla or firefox, but would like to know the full path to the executable /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/local/firefox1_5 etc... (For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinfletch
4 Replies

4. Programming

Running app after logout and monitoring

Hello! I just programmed a very simple app, it's function is to report every minute the state of the memory and cpu and put it to and xml. All this stuff is working ok since I'm logged in into the machine, but i want it to run as a service, how can I do that?? P.S: Any one knows how can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Display running 'app' in terminal titlebar?

Hi. I was, not too long ago, an OS X home user. One of the things I remember from using the Apple-installed Terminal is: whenever an executable that took more than a split second to do its thing was running, its name would appear in the title bar in a way similar to "Terminal: ssh" or "Terminal:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

6. AIX

Help with AIX XL C++ complier: app exit before main program

I have two shared libraries, A, B(B depents on A, both linked with -G option which means they're rtl enable), B's toc size is bigger than 64K(-bbigtoc), while A's toc size smaller than 64K. Then I write a "Hello, world" example E, and link with A and B. Link cmd 1: xlC128_r -o E E.o -lA -lB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Controlling AIX processes remotely using a NET app on a Windows server?

I have a .NET application that remotely starts, stops, and gets status of Windows services and scheduled tasks. I would like to add the capability of starting, stopping, and getting status of remote AIX applications also. Based on some preliminary research, one option may be to use 3rd party .NET... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: auser1
0 Replies

8. AIX

32 bit app on aix 6.1

We have our in house developed software running on AIX 6.1 (6100-06-06-1140). The application is a 32 bit application and the operating system is 64 bit. We are running this application without any issue on AIX 5.3 32-bit on P5. We are facing issue with this application after moving on P7 with aix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

9. AIX

Trying to get Samba 4.x running on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I have an AIX 7.1 Power8 machine on which I have a working copy of Samba 3.6 installed using perzl.org repo. The issue I am running into is, Samba 3.6 supports the more secure SMB2 protocol but its tools (smbclient) do not, only in 4.1 did Samba add support for SMB2 to their utilities.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
1 Replies

10. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies
NAME
cgi-fcgi - bridge from CGI to FastCGI SYNOPSIS
cgi-fcgi -f cmdPath cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] cgi-fcgi -connect connName appPath [nServers] DESCRIPTION
cgi-fcgi is a CGI/1.1 program that communicates with an already-running FastCGI application in order to respond to an HTTP request. cgi-fcgi is also capable of starting a FastC- GI
application. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -f cmdPath then cgi-fcgi opens the file at cmdPath and reads its arguments from that file. cgi-fcgi will skip lines that begin with the comment character #. The first non-comment line should contain valid arguments in one of the other three forms. The -f form of cgi-fcgi is designed for Unix systems whose exec(2) family of system calls supports the execution of command interpreter files. For instance, if a file with execute permission contains the text #! /bin/cgi-fcgi -f -connect /httpd/root/sock/app /httpd/root/bin/app the effect is the same as executing /bin/cgi-fcgi -connect /httpd/root/sock/app /httpd/root/bin/app When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName the connName argument is either the path name of a Unix do- main listening socket or a host:port pair. If connName contains a colon, it is assumed to be host:port. cgi-fcgi performs a connect(2) using connName. If the connect succeeds, cgi- fcgi forwards the CGI environment variables and stdin data to the FastCGI application, and forwards the stdout and stderr data from the application to cgi-fcgi's stdout (most likely connected to a Web server). When the FastCGI application signals the end of its response, cgi-fcgi flushes its buffers and exits, and the Web server completes the http response. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] then cgi-fcgi performs the function of starting one or more FastCGI application processes. The connName argument speci- fies either the path name of the Unix domain listening socket that cgi-fcgi will create, or is "localhost:NNN" where NNN is the port number of the TCP/IP listening socket that cgi-fcgi will create on the local machine. (cgi-fcgi will not create processes on remote machines.) After cgi-fcgi creates the listening socket, it forks nServers copies of a process running the executable file appPath. If nServers is omitted, the effect is as if the value ";1" had been specified. The processes share the single listen- ing socket. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -connect connName appPath [nServers] cgi-fcgi performs -bind and then, if necssary, performs -start and repeats the -bind. That is, cgi-fcgi first operates as if the command had been cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName If the connect fails, cgi-fcgi tries cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] and finally retries cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName In this form, cgi-fcgi does not support TCP/IP connections. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The usual CGI ones, but they are not interpreted by cgi-fc- gi. SEE ALSO
FGCI_accept(3) BUGS
cgi-fcgi doesn't generate useful HTTP responses in case of error, and it generates no response at all when run as start-fcgi. On Digital UNIX 3.0 systems the implementation of Unix Do- main sockets does not work when such sockets are stored on NFS file systems. Symptom: cgi-fcgi may core dump or may exit with status 38. Work-around: store sockets in local file systems (/tmp often works) or use TCP/IP. On AIX systems the implementation of listening sockets does not support socket sharing, and the standard FastCGI application libraries can't synchronize access to AIX lis- tening sockets. Work-around: Don't use the nServers argument on AIX. HISTORY
Copyright (c) 1996 Open Market, Inc. See the file "LICENSE.TERMS" for information on usage and redistribution of this file, and for a DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES. $Id: cgi-fcgi.1,v 1.1.1.1 1997/09/16 15:36:26 stanleyg Exp $