Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filter data and send email
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter data and send email Post 302390377 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 27th of January 2010 08:07:03 PM
Old 01-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFullerMalv
The update to the script knowing that a line of data is added every hour is:
Code:
sar -f sa15 | grep -v Average | grep -v "^$" | grep -vi restart | grep -v System | grep -v AIX | tail -48 > sa15.$$
mailx -s "Last 48 hours sar data at `date`" user@domain.com < sa15.$$
rm sa15.$$

Please read the grep man page; look at the -e option.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining header and data and send email without usage of temp file

Dear All- My requirement is as below- Header file $ cat HEADER.txt RequestId: RequestDate: Data file $ cat DATAVAL.txt 1001|2009-03-01 I need to send the combined data below as email body via mailx command ------------------ RequestId:1001 RequestDate:2009-03-01 I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

8. SuSE

Send outgoing email to my GroupWise email

Dear users, I have Linux server whose versions are Suse 10 SP 3 and Suse 11. I am trying to send email from these servers to my GroupWise email account. In /etc/postfix/main.cf file, The current value of MYHOSTNAME is LINUX.LOCAL. What should be the right value of MYHOSTNAME? Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
0 Replies
POE::Filter::HTTPChunk(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       POE::Filter::HTTPChunk(3pm)

my $TEXT = qr/[^[:cntrl:]]/o; my $qdtext = qr/[^[:cntrl:]"]/o; #<any TEXT except <">> my $quoted_pair = qr/\[[:ascii:]]/o; my $quoted_string =
qr/"(?:$qdtext|$quoted_pair)"/o; my $separators = "[^()<>@,;:\"/[]?={} 	"; my $notoken = qr/(?:[[:cntrl:]$separators]/o;

my $chunk_ext_name = $token; my $chunk_ext_val = qr/(?:$token|$quoted_string)/o;

my $chunk_extension = qr/(?:;$chunk_ext_name(?:$chunk_ext_val)?)/o;

sub put {
	 die "not implemented yet"; }

NAME
POE::Filter::HTTPChunk - Non-blocking incremental HTTP chunk parser. VERSION
version 0.947 SYNOPSIS
# Not a complete program. use POE::Filter::HTTPChunk; use POE::Wheel::ReadWrite; sub setup_io { $_[HEAP]->{io_wheel} = POE::Wheel::ReadWrite->new( Filter => POE::Filter::HTTPChunk->new(), # See POE::Wheel::ReadWrite for other required parameters. ); } DESCRIPTION
This filter parses HTTP chunks from a data stream. It's used by POE::Component::Client::HTTP to do the bulk of the low-level HTTP parsing. CONSTRUCTOR
new "new" takes no parameters and returns a shiny new POE::Filter::HTTPChunk object ready to use. METHODS
POE::Filter::HTTPChunk supports the following methods. Most of them adhere to the standard POE::Filter API. The documentation for POE::Filter explains the API in more detail. get_one_start ARRAYREF Accept an arrayref containing zero or more raw data chunks. They are added to the filter's input buffer. The filter will attempt to parse that data when get_one() is called. $filter_httpchunk->get_one_start(@stream_data); get_one Parse a single HTTP chunk from the filter's input buffer. Data is entered into the buffer by the get_one_start() method. Returns an arrayref containing zero or one parsed HTTP chunk. $ret_arrayref = $filter_httpchunk->get_one(); get_pending Returns an arrayref of stream data currently pending parsing. It's used to seamlessly transfer unparsed data between an old and a new filter when a wheel's filter is changed. $pending_arrayref = $filter_httpchunk->get_pending(); SEE ALSO
POE::Filter, POE. BUGS
None are known at this time. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHTS POE::Filter::HTTPChunk is... o Copyright 2005-2006 Martijn van Beers o Copyright 2006 Rocco Caputo All rights are reserved. POE::Filter::HTTPChunk is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. CONTACT
Rocco may be contacted by e-mail via <mailto:rcaputo@cpan.org>, and Martijn may be contacted by email via <mailto:martijn@cpan.org>. The preferred way to report bugs or requests is through RT though. See http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=POE-Component-Client-HTTP <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=POE-Component-Client-HTTP> or mail mailto:bug-POE-Component-Client-HTTP@rt.cpan.org <mailto:bug- POE-Component-Client-HTTP@rt.cpan.org> For questions, try the POE mailing list (poe@perl.org) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-03 POE::Filter::HTTPChunk(3pm)