Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows vista startup problem Post 302389833 by Ubertino on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 05:10:14 AM
Old 01-26-2010
Windows vista startup problem

I all,
I have a problem on my Windows Vista that began afetr the purchase of an external Hard Disk Freecom.
A few days afetr the purchase I disconnected it while it was writing and, since that moment, every time I connect and disconnect it, the PC go to freeze mode for 5 minutes.
The same thing happen even if the hard disk is disconnected: every time I start windows it go to freeze a little after the password, and every time I connect and disconnect a usb device.
I have looked for the solution everywhere, updated windows, unistalled and installed the hard disk from the device manager but I solved the problem only when I restored a recent backup.
Yesterday the Hard disk was writing a backup while Vista was installing the updates; at the end of the proceure windows restarted automatically and the problem began again!!!
The Pc go to freeze when it starts, every time I connect or disconnect the hard disk, an usb earphone that has always worked switch on but there is no audio and I don't know how many others usb devices will have problems.
Has anyone an idea to solve this problem before I throw out of the window Vista or the the hard disk?
Thank you

Last edited by vbe; 01-26-2010 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: rm unwanted URL

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to solve Rundll host problem in windows vista

Hai friend In my vista ultimate.. I got the error when i open a video file (Stop working close the program)... How to solve this problem..In this forum i got a tip that install a latest version of Nero... I installed Nero 8.. But now also the same error occurs...Plz tell me how to clear this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
0 Replies
vxconfigbackupd(1M)													       vxconfigbackupd(1M)

NAME
vxconfigbackupd - disk group configuration backup daemon SYNOPSIS
vxconfigbackupd [-l] DESCRIPTION
The vxconfigbackupd daemon automatically backs up information about a disk group's new configuration whenever the configuration is changed. OPTIONS
-l Logs backup daemon activities to the file /etc/vx/cbr/bkdaemonLog. FILES
/sbin/init.d/vxvm-recover Startup file for vxconfigbackupd. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.dginfo Location of backup file for disk group information. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.diskinfo Location of backup file for disk attributes. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.binconfig Location of backup file for binary configuration copy. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.cfgrec Location of backup file for configuration records in vxprint -m format. NOTES
The vxconfigbackup command can be used to back up a disk group's configuration manually at any desired time. The disk group configuration backup and restore utilities do not save any data in the public region. This includes file system or other application data that is configured within VxVM objects. When a disk group is destroyed, its configuration backup information (including the backup directory) is also removed. The only exception to this behavior is when the disk group is in the precommit state of restoration. The backup directory should be large enough to accommodate copies of all the currently imported disk groups. The minimum recommended size of the backup directory is P * (N + 1) megabytes, where P is the private region in megabytes (by default, 32MB), and N is the number of disk groups. The additional P megabytes is required to hold a temporary copy of the disk group configuration when a disk group is imported or a configuration change is made. The default backup directory is /etc/vx/cbr/bk. The location of the backup directory can be configured by using the vxconfigbackup -l backup_directory_path command. SEE ALSO
vxconfigbackup(1M), vxconfigrestore(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxconfigbackupd(1M)