Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Creating a printer emulator to capture PDL/PCL data coming in on port 9100. Post 302389127 by Corona688 on Friday 22nd of January 2010 05:54:20 PM
Old 01-22-2010
What protocol did you select when creating the TCP port? Windows auto-chooses for some port numbers I think, and might have forced it to something other than raw.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PCL Font does not download to printer.

OS: HP-UX B.11.11 U Printer: HP 8150. I require a font to be downloaded to the printer and used. As documented the steps are: 1. Tell printer to accept font 2. Send the font to the printer 3. Make the font permanent 4. Select font for use or in PCL 1. <Esc>*c90D 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capture output to file and printer

Hi All : I wanted a unix command by which I could be able to print the output to a file and at the same time to a printer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ramamurthy Dasari (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdasari
1 Replies

4. SCO

Printer port

I installed an old laser printer using a print server. I can use from windows but not from unix. I set up the printer in unix as a remote printer and can ping the print server from a unix promt. I am thinking that I must open a port to the print server. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owbf
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red hat 5. - PCL Printer

I need to setup a HP 4000 PCL printer - it seems out of the box - I can only can use PostScript. Any guidance is appreciated. In the SCO world - I used HPNP with no problems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markb4
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Landscape to PCL 6 Printer

I've looked around and am able to print landscape to a PCL 5 printer with this command: lp -o landscape -o cpi=20 -o page-right=30 -o page-left=30 -d <printer> <file>. Which gives me a nice 200 columns. But, when I send the same output and the same commands to a PCL 6 printer, it comes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariqjamal
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Print Spooling using raw port 9100

Hello all, I need to setup a print server that listens on three separate network interfaces, and sends jobs to the corresponding print queue. Example: 192.168.69.100 - printer1 -> Out to 139.177.69.100:9100 192.168.69.101 - printer2 -> Out to 139.177.69.101:9100 192.168.69.102 - printer2 ->... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZekesGarage
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer (lpadmin) error - blank pages PS/PCL

Help! I have to solve an urgent problem! I have a Solaris 10 server, where I created a line of printing with the command # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IL_Printer -s pv24002 -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/cnl66e1.ppd.gz -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
0 Replies

9. SCO

Printing to a working network printer using PCL

I am trying to get a network printer to work that currently works from my Unix (5.0.7) server when printing text files only. When I try to print post script files like a PDF file I get all of the controls so I am not sure if I have my printer configuration setup properly in Unix The printer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Port flow capture

I am trying to get an output using the command tcpdump -w /tmp/syn.pcap 'tcp & (tcp-syn) != 0' But I am getting the error: tcpdump: no suitable device found Is there an alternate command to achieve this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies
GIMPPRINT-MEDIATYPES(7) 				      Gimp-Print Manual Pages					   GIMPPRINT-MEDIATYPES(7)

NAME
gimpprint-mediatypes - Gimp-Print media types DESCRIPTION
Gimp-Print supports many different media types, which are printer type specific. The option names are case sensitive. Two names are listed for each resolution; the first (short) name is the mediatype, and the second (long) name is descriptive. Not all media types are supported on all printers. MEDIA TYPES
Epson and Lexmark (other than the 4076) inkjet printers Media Type Description ------------------------------------------ Plain Plain Paper PlainFast Plain Paper Fast Load Postcard Postcard GlossyFilm Glossy Film Transparency Transparencies Envelope Envelopes BackFilm Back Light Film Matte Matte Paper Inkjet Inkjet Paper Coated Photo Quality Inkjet Paper GlossyPhoto Premium Glossy Photo Paper Luster Premium Luster Photo Paper Photo Photo Paper Glossy Photo Quality Glossy Paper Ilford Ilford Heavy Paper Other Other We have found that glossy photo papers not specifically designed for Epson printers generally perform poorly in Epson printers. The ink tends to pool on the paper, causing muddy shadows and possibly leaving ink on the printer rollers. Use of the highest quality printing modes (1440x720 highest quality and 2880x720 unidirectional) produces the best result on such papers, probably because printing is slower and there is more time for the ink to dry. Canon printers Media Type Description ------------------------------------- Plain Plain Paper Transparency Transparencies BackFilm Back Print Film Fabric Fabric Sheets Envelope Envelope Coated High Resolution Paper TShirt T-Shirt Transfers GlossyFilm High Gloss Film GlossyPaper Glossy Photo Paper GlossyCards Glossy Photo Cards GlossyPro Photo Paper Pro PCL (Hewlett-Packard and Lexmark 4076) inkjet printers Media Type Description ---------------------------------------- Plain Plain Bond Bond Premium Premium Glossy Glossy/Photo Transparency Transparency GlossyQD Quick-dry Photo TransparencyQD Quick-dry Transparency PCL laser printers do not allow specification of any media type. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com) and Robert Krawitz (rlk@alum.mit.edu) This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This manual page was written by Roger Leigh (roger@whinlatter.uklinux.net) SEE ALSO
gimpprint-color(7), gimpprint-dithers(7), gimpprint-imagetypes(7), gimpprint-inktypes(7), gimpprint-mediasizes(7), gimpprint-media- sources(7), gimpprint-models(7), gimpprint-resolutions(7). Version 4.2.4 25 Nov 2002 GIMPPRINT-MEDIATYPES(7)