Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Full control on File
Operating Systems AIX Full control on File Post 302387481 by ITHelper on Sunday 17th of January 2010 01:53:27 AM
Old 01-17-2010
Full control on File

Guy's
There is file in AIX called applog related to application and it's owned by root:system
I want normal user called appuser to mange this file without change the file owner and without add the appuser in root group
Is there any way to give this user appuser full Control in that file applog ?

---------- Post updated at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 AM ----------

is there any way to give full control for appuser (Normal user) on that file without change any thing in the owner or permission of the file .
ITHelper

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Full File System

Hi All, There was a background process running on a Solaris 2.8 machine, and appeared to have filled all available disk-space. I done a killall, and upon re-booting found that the file system had filled up, and will not boot as normal as a result. For example, I'm getting /usr/adm/messages: No... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
8 Replies

2. Solaris

File system full?

Hi, I just started working with UNIX on an old semi-fossilized Sun workstation which I use to process LOTS of images,however, I just started to get an error message that the file system is full and then my shell tool or/and text editor freeze up. Help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bend
8 Replies

3. Solaris

syslog file is full

dear all i have solaris 10 and it send mail into the file syslog file how can i stop this because is too big ........ and big day by day thanks to all murad jaber (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for a control file before processing a data file

Hi All, I am very new to Shell scripting... I got a requirement. I will have few text files(data files) in a particular directory. they will be with .txt extension. With same name, but with a different extension control files also will be there. For example, Sample_20081001.txt is the data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: purna.cherukuri
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to control remotely "full" Linux router in GUI ?

Hi, I mean Unix Linux general solution, so please don't move my question, as it's Unix specific. I would like to remotely control my "full" Linux router. Already succeeded to compile Linux Unix dialog, running some tests. The issue is dialog comes with a limited number of widget boxes for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the full permissions of a file

Hi I was wondering if it would be possible to get the full octal permissions of a file by using something in the stat() system call. Can this be done without going through all of the seperate permissions (e.g. read for user, write for user .... etc.)? also how can this octal permission be changed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether file is processed in a control file list

I've a list of files which got processed in Target table A and stored in a control file(list of control files). I've want to trigger another process (later) based on this list of files and load into Target table B and continue running this process until this file list is exhuasted. How do I come... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manojg9
1 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE is an integer and optional unit (example: 10M is 10*1024*1024). Units are K, M, G, T, P, E, Z, Y (powers of 1024) or KB, MB, ... (powers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationpro- ject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 TRUNCATE(1)