Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Repeat output of last command w/o repeating last command Post 302387349 by jim mcnamara on Friday 15th of January 2010 11:02:19 AM
Old 01-15-2010
Another way - capture the result in a variable
Code:
result=$(mycommand)
echo "$result" | grep "something"

This won't help your current problem. Just meant as a way to solve it in the furutre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repeat a command in a shell

Hi there, i would like to repeat a command in a shell sript (bash) the script starts with a menu to choose a menu point to do something .... on the end of the script i would like to restart the programm to choose the menu points on the beginning. I would also make a sript that send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat last entered command ?

Hi, how to do that ? I mean only print it but not execute. I'm using putty to interact with ksh. (in windows cmd up arrow does the job) thanks vilius (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repeat previous unix command

Hi all, Is there a way to bring back the previous unix command without retyping? I tried the "arror up" key, and it seems not working (sun solaris). What is the correct way? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syang68
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat same command on multiple lines

HI I have a text file named docs with 100 filenames with full directory path one by one. I want to perform an action on all of them, the action i want to do this chown bin:bin <filename>. The <filename> should be each line in the docs text file. Please give the code. Somebody told to use for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeating awk command

Hi all, I have an awk command that needs to be ran multiple times in a script on one file containing lots of fields of data. The file look like this (the numbers are made up): 1234 2222 2223 2222 123 2223 3333 2323 3333 3321 3344 4444 The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nistleloy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeating Substitution Command on VI

Hello Folks, how to write a command on vi that allow to repeat last substitution command? Here what I want to do : 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 :.,+2s/\n/ /And I obtain : 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat a command on linux without typing

Hi, I would like to run the clear command, for every 10 times I hit the enter button. Is there a way to track the number of times the enter button is hit and run the clear command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeat a command for one sec

How to repeat the execution of a simple command like the following for 1 sec ? echo Hi The completion time for the command is not known, but we need to calculate the number of times this commans executes successfully within 1 sec. Thanks Kumarjit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarjt
5 Replies

9. Programming

Java: Repeat a command

I came across a site to learn java and they give you practice problems to do. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this since I am totally new to Java. Here is the first problem: Write a program that will read in a name from the command line and write it out 100 times. Thank you for any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Repeat history command?

Assume i have typed 4 commands in the past like vi `ls -t |head -n 1` tail -2 test.txt ls -lrt | grep "/etc/profile.d" pwd Now if i type r p it should execute the command "pwd" likewise r t should execute tail -2 test.txt. Note: esc k and using up arrow and down arrow will get this work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramanareddygv
3 Replies
PG_FETCH_ALL_COLUMNS(3) 												   PG_FETCH_ALL_COLUMNS(3)

pg_fetch_all_columns - Fetches all rows in a particular result column as an array

SYNOPSIS
array pg_fetch_all_columns (resource $result, [int $column]) DESCRIPTION
pg_fetch_all_columns(3) returns an array that contains all rows (records) in a particular column of the result resource. Note This function sets NULL fields to the PHP NULL value. PARAMETERS
o $result - PostgreSQL query result resource, returned by pg_query(3), pg_query_params(3) or pg_execute(3) (among others). o $column - Column number, zero-based, to be retrieved from the result resource. Defaults to the first column if not specified. RETURN VALUES
An array with all values in the result column. FALSE is returned if $column is larger than the number of columns in the result, or on any other error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_fetch_all_columns(3) example <?php $conn = pg_pconnect("dbname=publisher"); if (!$conn) { echo "An error occurred. "; exit; } $result = pg_query($conn, "SELECT title, name, address FROM authors"); if (!$result) { echo "An error occurred. "; exit; } // Get an array of all author names $arr = pg_fetch_all_columns($result, 1); var_dump($arr); ?> SEE ALSO
pg_fetch_all(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_FETCH_ALL_COLUMNS(3)