Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab for every minute or every hour Post 302387338 by kaushik02018 on Friday 15th of January 2010 10:05:03 AM
Old 01-15-2010
Bug Crontab for every minute or every hour

How to set crontab for every minute or every hour

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script 1 minute interval without CronTab

I am using Solaris 9. I wish to run my script every 1 minute inteval. Though i can run it using below entry in crontab. * * * * /export/home/username/script/file_exist_&_run.sh in short above script will check whether a specific file exist in a directory. If it found it will inovke another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab : bad minute error

when i say $crontab z it says ==> "z":6: bad minute "z":6: bad minute errors in crontab file, can't install. any clue why its happening? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run crontab :1: bad minute error

Hi can any one help me out. while running crontab , m getting error bad minute time.. how to resolve this error. i created 1 txt file a.cron mirrordir -vm \home\t \homet1 & i saved it. then i created a crontab file ..with crontab -e & i added a line in it. * 1 * * * \root\a.cron & i save... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxdost114
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting word xx referred to a time period, like minute or hour

Hello, I try to insert a post because I've got a trouble to perform a unix job. But I didn't found which steps (procedure) I should follow. Could you help me? I got a log by my Application box, like following: gbosmam037:test >view Log_Server.csv ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maluca68
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add an hour or a minute to a time?

Hi, The timestamp is June 06 2011 11:05AM i need 2 results. first, an hour added to it, June 06 2011 12:05AM second, a minute added to it, June 06 2011 11:06AM How can i do this? Also when it reaches 12:59, it needs to start from 1 again without giving the output as 13:00. it... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
17 Replies

6. AIX

crontab 1 hour off from current time

This is a new one on me. We upgraded a system from AIX 5.3 TL 7 to 6.1 TL 7 yesterday. The app people notified us that their cron jobs weren't running at the right time. So I made a test cron entry and here's what I've found: # crontab -l * * * * * /usr/bin/date > /tmp/test.log 2>&1 # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeyjoe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not starting the application in every minute...

Hi Friends, I have developed a standalone java application which is deployed in a Linux environment. I have created a script for starting this application if the process is not running or else do nothing. The application is deployed as a .jar. I have also created a crontab entry like this... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Binoy Sankar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mail based on crontab hour

I have a cron: 0 5,11,17,23 * * * /home/oracle/scripts/sysize.ksh This cron will trigger cat dbsz.txt | mail -s "$TODAY: PROD DB Size" $RECIPIENTS I don't want to get the e-mail notice 4 times a day. Can I have just one e-mail triggered at 11 AM? Please advise. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab error - bad hour

Hi All, While setting the crontab i am getting the below error, "/tmp/crontab.XXXXwKymEc" 156L, 15621C written crontab: installing new crontab "/tmp/crontab.XXXXwKymEc":74: bad hour Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] Awk/shell question to parse hour minute from text

Hi, I have a quick question on parsing the hour/minute and value from a text file and remove the seconds portion. For example in the below text file: 20:26:01 95.83 20:27:01 96.06 20:28:01 95.99 20:29:01 7.11 20:30:01 5.16 20:31:01 8.27 20:32:02 9.79 20:33:01 11.27 20:34:01 7.83... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishrao
2 Replies
HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)						File Formats Manual					       HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)

NAME
etc/shutdown - server shutdown control file DESCRIPTION
If the file etc/shutdown is present it describes when a HylaFAX server is to be shutdown and may contain a descriptive message to return to clients explaining the reason for the shutdown. This file is used by the hfaxd(8) program. The file has the following format: <year> <month> <day> <hour> <minute> <deny> <disconnect> <shutdown message text> The first line defines the date and time the server should be shutdown and the time preceding at which unprivileged clients should be denied service or disconnected; these fields are described in more detail below. Any lines that follow the first are taken as the text of a message to return to clients when notifying them of a scheduled shutdown or when denying them service. <year> The decimal year; e.g. 1996. <month> The decimal month; e.g. 10 for October. <day> The decimal day of the month in the range [1..31]. <hour> The decimal hour since midnight; in the range [0..23]. <minute> The decimal minute after the hour; in the range [0..59]. <deny> The time prior to the shutdown time at which to deny service to unprivileged clients. This value is specified as decimal number in the form HHMM; e.g. 130 for 1 hour and 30 minutes. <disconnect> Time time prior to the shutdown time at which to disconnect unprivileged clients that are logged in to the server. This value is specified as a decimal number in the form HHMM. NOTES
This file is typically created using the ``SHUT'' command supported by hfaxd(8). SEE ALSO
hfaxd(8), hylafax-server(5) January 18, 1996 HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5)