Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) [Solved] How to share the DVD-drive with Mac OSX NFS Post 302387212 by tlarkin on Friday 15th of January 2010 01:09:47 AM
Old 01-15-2010
This feature is already built into 10.5 for the macbook air since it does not have an optical drive to do software installs.

Open up terminal and modify these two property list files

Code:
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser EnableODiskBrowsing -bool true

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser ODSSupported -bool true

Then in System Preferences >> Sharing, make sure you enable optical disk sharing.

more info here: Sharing DVDs or CDs with Remote Disc

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac Osx.2

I finally broke down and decided to buy a new piece of hardware. I think I made the right decision when I chose an Apple iBook - OSX is incredible! I haven't used a Mac since System7.5, and 10.2 is just blowing me away! Best of all, it's easy to use for people who are not used to Mac, but if I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
5 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Mounting an NFS drive in OSX 10.3

Hi all ! I am looking for a command in the terminal or GUI to mount an NFS drive. Second , is there any solution to get rid of / " * in old files names I know it can be done i just dont know how ! Hope that some one can help Best R. Yovel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoveln
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Cron on Mac OSX

Hello, I was wondering about my Cron Script: HELL=/bin/tcsh PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin HOME=/var/log MAILTO=jwillis 25 1 * * * root /Users/jwillis/Fbcmd\Scripts/DailyBirthday.scrmy returned message is: Subject: Cron <jwillis@Macintosh-66> root ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jwillis0720
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

help with some basic osx terminal commands. fixing permissions on NAS share

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm computer literate but by no means an expert! I'm simply trying to recover data from my DLink DNS343 NAS mounted on my X86 iMac using SMB. Somehow, in moving to a new computer, I have lost access to some files on the NAS. Just some files are access denied. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quantaa
0 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS- share drive question

Ok. Here is the situation, I have server A which need to access /tmp folder of server B. Can I mount NFS share (/tmp) from client (serverA)?please let me know (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam101
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UML on MAC OSX

Hey guyz, Is it possible to build user-mode linux kernel on MAC OSX? Please I need a reply asap as I have an assignment that I need to do. Thanks! Adel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aje02
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] nfs share permissions with java

Please bare with me while I try to explain this weird problem. We are exporting a filesystem from an aix box to two linux boxes. On the linux box a java-weblogic application hits the share. For explanation benefits I'll describe the users thus. aix filesystem owned by userA in groupA on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwellers
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
gss(5)							      BSD File Formats Manual							    gss(5)

NAME
gss -- how to configure gss framework DESCRIPTION
The gss GSS.frameworks have several configuration domains, all can configured with defaults(1). Configuration can be stored both in the user's configuration ( ~/Library/Preferences) and system ( /Library/Preferences ). CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Use gsstool(1) to list the supported options and their settings: gsstool supported-mech --options Common options are: NTLM 'Force NTLMv1' Force client to use NTLMv1 NTLM NTLMv1 Enable support for NTLMv1 in both client and server NTLM NTLMv2 Enable support for NTLMv2 in both client and server NTLM 'NTLM session key' Require backends to support for NTLMv2 session key, Lion and earlier dont support this. Session keys is required for NTLM MIC that stops reflection attacks. NTLM 'AllowedHosts' What hosts that NTLM is allowed to be used for. When there a host that is not on the list, NTLM will not be used. File globbing is used when matching and it's case insensitive. When there is no configuration, all hosts are allowed. defaults write com.apple.GSS.NTLM AllowedHosts -array host.local '*.my.domain' NTLM options If you want to disable NTLM support completely in both the acceptor (server) and initiator (client), you need disable both NTLMv1 and NTLMv2, and set their values to boolean false or 0. defaults write com.apple.GSS.NTLM NTLMv1 -bool false defaults write com.apple.GSS.NTLM NTLMv2 -bool false APPLE MAC OS X
You can use the defaults write command to change the options, for simple boolean options, use this: defaults write com.apple.GSS.NTLM NTLMv1 -bool false You can also turn on debugging (output in syslog) using: defaults write com.apple.GSS DebugLevel -int 10 open -a Console SEE ALSO
defaults(1), gss_mo(3), heimdal_debug(1) HEIMDAL
Sep 1, 2010 HEIMDAL