Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need suggestion about grep and CPU usage Post 302387196 by ashary on Thursday 14th of January 2010 10:49:01 PM
Old 01-14-2010
since cpu usage use decimal number
can i compare it??
exp:
Code:
usage=`top | grep idle | cut -b 13-17'
if [$usage -lt 45 ] then
   echo"temp $usage"
fi

can i use code like that???

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep Vs CPU usage

Hi, I have one basic doubt, that using grep command frequently , will it have direct impact on the CPU load, pls clarify for eg, if i run a non stop script containing while loop to grep some parameters, what will be the load in CPU.. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU usage

well i want to get the cpu usage of the current processes.the thing is that i want to list the processes with cpu usage=0 and the others(one list for cpu usage=0 and another for cpu usage>0)..i can list them,but i cant find a way to find the ps with cpu usage=0 and cpu usage>0..pls help me with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: strawhatluffy
6 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Tool suggestion for collection CPU/memory Stats

Hi, We have around 1000 server (Red Hat + Suse + Parallels + Solaris-9/10/11). Every month, we generate a report for all servers for CPU and Memory utilization in 'percentage used'. This report is generated from HP Openview and frequency is every file minutes. In HP OpenView, we are picking 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Top 5 cpu and Mem consuming process and files and suggestion for health check

I am middle of writing health check scripts, can you pls share commands on how I can get cpu and Mem of top consuming process info at the moment? Also can u suggest ideas on what all I can look for as a part do health check on red hat Linux server? I searched on site before posting, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
PAGESIZES(5)                                                    File Formats Manual                                                   PAGESIZES(5)

NAME
pagesizes - HylaFAX page size definitions DESCRIPTION
The pagesizes database defines the page dimensions and guaranteed reproducible areas (GRA) for well-known page sizes. The GRA is the por- tion of the page that is guaranteed to be imaged during facsimile transmission. This region is typically less than the full page dimen- sions because of paper roller contacts and other mechanical aspects of the printing process in a facsimile machine. All HylaFAX programs that require page size information read the information from this database using a page size name. Documents should be prepared such that the full page dimensions are employed with the imaged area contained within the GRA. The system-wide default page size to use in preparing documents for transmission is given by the ``default'' entry in the database. (NB: the default entry should be placed last so that inverse matches find the real page size name and not the default entry.) The page size database is an ASCII file with the following format. Each entry consists of whitespace-separated fields: name abbrev width height gra-width gra-height top-margin left-margin Fields have the following interpretation: name the full name for the page size; e.g. ISO A4; abbrev an abbreviated version of the full name for use in compact listings such as the receive queue listing printed by faxstat(1); width the full width of the page; height the full height of the page; gra-width the width of the GRA; gra-height the height of the GRA; top-margin the margin between the top of the full page and the top of the GRA; left-margin the margin between the left side of the full page the left side of the GRA. The first two fields must be separated from the subsequent fields by a tab character (possibly followed by more whitespace); this is done to easily permit blank characters to be included in names. Otherwise fields can be separated by any amount of any kind of whitespace. Numbers are all base 10 and in basic measurement units (BMU); defined as 1/1200 x 25.4 millimeters for paper output with a scale factor of one. All fields must be present on a single line; otherwise the entry is ignored. Comments are introduced by the ``#'' character and con- tinue to the end the line. Page size database lookups are either by name or by page dimensions. Lookups by name are done by sequentially scanning the entries in the database for the first entry that has a matching abbreviation or substring of the page size name field. The string comparisons ignore case so, for example, ``a4'' would match a full name of ``ISO A4''. Lookups by dimension scan the entire database and return the page with the closest dimensions using a straightforward distance metric. If the difference in dimensions of the closest match is greater than 1/2 inch on each side, then no page entry is returned for a lookup by dimension. SEE ALSO
hylafax-client(1), faxmail(1), faxstat(1), sendfax(1), sgi2fax(1), textfmt(1). December 5, 1994 PAGESIZES(5)