Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert space between two words Post 302387115 by divroro12 on Thursday 14th of January 2010 01:16:51 PM
Old 01-14-2010
Thanks jgt.

- divroro12 -

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all words after first space from each line

My file looks like: asd absjdd sdff vczxs wedssx c dasx ccc I need to keep asd sdff wedssx dasx How do I do that experts?:wall::wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakermania
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert varying length spaces between words

Hey all, Fist post, so be kind... I have written an expect script which logs into a terminal and gathers several screens of information. Unfortunately the log file gives me all the special escape and control characters from the terminal. I am hoping to use a combination of shell scripting, sed,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpacer
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to insert recursive words in a file on every line

Hi Guys, If someone can help me edit my script using sed or awk that will be great. I am trying to get a list of folders and their sizes upto 2 levels along with the week number by using following - (I am currently putting this information in a file and plan to run this script EVERY week) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert white space between numbers

Hello all, I have a file with several lines like this: (1,1) (4,10) (8,23) (17, 4) (6,8) etc. and I need this: ( 1 , 1 ) ( 4 , 10 ) ( 8 , 23 ) ( 17 , 4 ) ( 6 , 8 ) How do I insert a space between the left parenthesis and the first number, between the first number and the comma,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text space

I have the following texts in a .txt file, 22/02 23/02 24/02 25/02 26/02 Bike speed (kmph) 004 004 004 004 004 22/02 23/02 24/02 25/02 26/02 Bike speed (kmph) 004 007 007 007 011 I am trying to export it to .csv by doing cat nic.txt > nic.csv 22/02 23/02 are date and this has to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolethomson
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert 1 space using the command sed

Hi I want to use sed to insert one space after the 10'th character in every line. The lines are on this format: 2012-01-1012:30:55|7323456|65432 2011-02-0313:11:06|1223|3456 ...... ...... Does anyone know sed well enough to acomplish this? If there is any other way around this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ic12
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert space in alphanumeric string

Hi everyone, I want help to insert space between digits and letters in a alphanumeric string. INPUT TRY234TER PHY1TYR EXPECTED OUTPUT TRY 234 TER PHY 1 TYR The lines always begin with the letters and the alphabets will be a three letter combination before and after the number. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi - insert a tab between words?

I have several lines in a file that I want to replace a space with a tab. For example: 111047 Julie Jones email@email.com 111047 Julie Jones email@email.com I want to replace the space after the word "jones" with a tab. How do I achieve that in Vi? Please assist. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the words with space between?

see I have a text like: 27-MAY 14:00 4 aaa 5.30 0.01 27-MAY 14:00 3 aaa 0.85 0.00 27-MAY 14:00 2 aaa 1.09 0.00 27-MAY 14:00 5 aaa 0.03 0.00 27-MAY 14:00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and repllace of strings with space between words

Dear all, I have gone through all the search and replace requests but none of them meet my particular need. I have a huge file in which all Unicode characters are stored as Names. A sample is given below. I want to replace strings in that file with a mapper from another file termed as master.dic. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies
avc_context_to_sid(3)					     SELinux API documentation					     avc_context_to_sid(3)

NAME
avc_context_to_sid, avc_sid_to_context, avc_get_initial_sid - obtain and manipulate SELinux security ID's SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_context_to_sid(security_context_t ctx, security_id_t *sid); int avc_sid_to_context(security_id_t sid, security_context_t *ctx); int avc_get_initial_sid(const char *name, security_id_t *sid); DESCRIPTION
Security ID's (SID's) are opaque representations of security contexts, managed by the userspace AVC. avc_context_to_sid() returns a SID for the given context in the memory referenced by sid. avc_sid_to_context() returns a copy of the context represented by sid in the memory referenced by ctx. The user must free the copy with freecon(3). avc_get_initial_sid() returns a SID for the kernel initial security identifier specified by name. RETURN VALUE
avc_context_to_sid() and avc_sid_to_context() return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM An attempt to allocate memory failed. NOTES
As of libselinux version 2.0.86, SID's are no longer reference counted. A SID will be valid from the time it is first obtained until the next call to avc_destroy(3). The sidget(3) and sidput(3) functions, formerly used to adjust the reference count, are no-ops and are depre- cated. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_has_perm(3), avc_cache_stats(3), avc_add_callback(3), getcon(3), freecon(3), selinux(8) 27 May 2004 avc_context_to_sid(3)