Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting Text Between Quotes Post 302387061 by ahmad.diab on Thursday 14th of January 2010 10:57:32 AM
Old 01-14-2010
another approch

Code:
sed 's/.*, \"\([^"]*\).*/\1/'

SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting text and reusing the text to rename file

Hi, I have some ps files where I want to ectract/copy a certain number from and use that number to rename the ps file. eg: 'file.ps' contains following text: 14 (09 01 932688 0)t the text can be variable, the only fixed element is the '14 ('. The problem is that the fixed element can appear... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnDS
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Text

Hi, I have a file like that No seq Text 269091 123443124 how are slkslks, serial no is 042890000 and pincode is 090001223433454 269091 123443124 how are slkslks, Sr/no is 0428901 and 14 digits are is ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a file for text b/n double quotes?

Hi guys, I desperately need some help here... I need to parse a file similar to this: I need to read the values for MY_BANNER_SSHD and WARNING_MESSAGE. The value could be empty/single line or multi-line! # Comments . . . Some lines MY_BANNER_SSHD=""... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreeda
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes in a text file

Hi There... I need to serach and replace a strings in a text file. My file has; books.amazon='Let me read' and the output needed is books.amazon=NONFOUND pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk.. i have a list of different strings to be repced by NONFOUND.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiano
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text from within a section of text using AWK

I have a command which returns the below output. How can I write a script to extract mainhost and secondhost from this output and put it into an array? I may sometimes have more hosts like thirdhost. I am redirecting this output to a variable. So I guess there should be a awk or sed command to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heykiran
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from between double quotes

Need assistance , Below is the data between double code . </td><td><a href="geavg.t00z.pgrb2af18">geavg.t00z.pgrb2af18</a> Below commands gives me the result but i want everything in one command using single nawk nawk -v RS="< href" -F">" '/t00z/ { print $1 }' ucar.output | nawk -F... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line breaks to perl command with large text in single quotes?

Below code extracts multiple field values from XML into array and prints all in one line. perl -nle '@r=/(?: jndiName| authDataAlias| value| minConnections| maxConnections| connectionTimeout| name)="(+)/g and print join ",",$ENV{tIPnSCOPE},$ENV{pr ovider},$ENV{impClassName},@r' server.xml ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to lower case except the strings within single quotes

Shell : bash that comes with RHEL 6.7 I have SQL scripts like below. I want to convert all the text in these files to lower case except the strings enclosed within single quotes . Any idea how I can achieve this ? Sample text: $ cat sample.txt SELECT ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)