Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting URGENT! single apex in awk print Post 302386919 by Re DeL SiLeNziO on Thursday 14th of January 2010 05:00:10 AM
Old 01-14-2010
URGENT! single apex in awk print

Code:
cat a | awk -F";" '{print "update db set column=' "$2" ' where column1=\""$1"\";"}' > ip-add.sql

Hi! I'm a new user!
i've an urgent help on the single apex use in the double apex print string
The apex between che "$2" should not be interpreted, but....how?!
I'm trying to use \ but don't work correctly!

Thanks!!!!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print ' (single quotes)

I'm building a file with sql delete statements. I need to print the single quotes for the where clause. i.e. delete from Command where CommandName = 'SomeName'; I have the following in my script input=$(pwd)/Cmnd.csv i=0 while read line do if test $i -ge 1; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print single quote in awk

Hi all, It is a very stupid problem but I am not able to find a solution to it. I am using awk to get a column from a file and I want to get the output field in between single quotes. For example, Input.txt 123 abc 321 ddff 433 dfg ........ I want output file to be as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print single quote using awk

i want to print ' symbol using awk i tried: awk '{print " ' "}' awk '{print "\' "}' both not work please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print: howto single quote not interpreted!?

cat a | awk -F";" '{print "update db set column=' "$2" ' where column1=\""$1"\";"}' > ip-add.sql Hi! I'm a new user! i need to use single quote in the double quotes print string The apex between che "$2" should not be interpreted, but....how?! I'm trying to use \ but don't work correctly! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Re DeL SiLeNziO
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you print a single quote character in AWK

How do you print out a single quote character in AWK? Using the escape character does not seem to work. {printf "%1$s %2$s%3$s%2$s\n" , "INCLUDE", " \' ", "THIS" } does not work. Any suggestions? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: How to merge duplicate lines and print in a single

The input file: >cat module1 200611051053 95 200523457498 35 200617890187 57 200726098123 66 200645676712 71 200744556590 68 >cat module2 200645676712 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: winter9
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print array into a single file - AWK

Hi all, I been looking for a solution to the fact that when I use: for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print $ifields that are originally in a single line are printed in a single line I have severals files for which the first 7 are the same, but the number of variables after that can vary, for example NF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulaL
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies
PR(1)							      General Commands Manual							     PR(1)

NAME
pr - print file SYNOPSIS
pr [ option ... ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Pr produces a printed listing of one or more files on its standard output. The output is separated into pages headed by a date, the name of the file or a specified header, and the page number. With no file arguments, pr prints its standard input. Options apply to all following files but may be reset between files: -n Produce n-column output. +n Begin printing with page n. -b Balance columns on last page, in case of multi-column output. -d Double space. -en Set the tab stops for input text every n spaces. -h Take the next argument as a page header (file by default). -in Replace sequences of blanks in the output by tabs, using tab stops set every n spaces. -f Use formfeeds to separate pages. -ln Take the length of the page to be n lines instead of the default 66. -m Print all files simultaneously, each in one column. -n Number the lines of each file. -on Offset the left margin n character positions. -sc Separate columns by the single character c instead of aligning them with white space. A missing c is taken to be a tab. -t Do not print the 5-line header or the 5-line trailer normally supplied for each page. -wn For multi-column output, take the width of the page to be n characters instead of the default 72. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/pr.c SEE ALSO
cat(1), lp(1) PR(1)