Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert output to string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert output to string Post 302386901 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 14th of January 2010 04:04:27 AM
Old 01-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam786sim
Nope it didn't work.
i dont want to pass command as parameter.
I want it output to be passed as string
This way you are not passing the command as a parameter, but its output as a single string. Please show us what you were trying to do and what your input file looks like.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert array into the string

Hi I have a line/string as follows: A=" 3498 NORDEA - INDX LINKED NORY" which was converted into an array of characters: p321$ echo "${ARR}" 3 4 9 8 N O R D E A - I N D X L I N K E D N O R Y When I am trying print this array there are blank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to convert this file output

hi, How do I do this with sed and egrep? is that even possible? I have the following file with this content #OQ#||1|XDzb34_zcSETA|SETA #OQ#||3|XDzc24_zcSETA|SETA #OQ#||4|XDze12_zcSETA|SETA #OQ#||6|XDzf35_zcSETA|SETA #OQ#||7|ADzf38_zc|SETA 1. I want to strip out X and SETA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbchen
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a column to row output?

Getting tired of cut-and-paste...so I thought I would post a question. how do I change this column output to a single row? from this: # vgdisplay -v /dev/vgeva05 | grep dsk | awk '{print $3}' /dev/dsk/c6t0d5 /dev/dsk/c11t0d5 /dev/dsk/c15t0d5 /dev/dsk/c18t0d5 /dev/dsk/c7t0d5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert timezone into human output

Hi I have a command which returns a timezone, Ej: root@bsades2: /usr/local/bin # lsuser -a time_last_login israel israel time_last_login=1279032223 Question: I want to parse this timezone '1279032223' into a 'martes, 13 de julio de 2010 16:43:43' from the ksh shell. Is itt possible? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert string

Hi. I will be very appreciated for help. I need replace all characters into string with \ (backslash) I mean if I have word abcdefg as input. How I can convert it to \a\b\c\d\e\f\g Thanks and best regards. Staas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the output in table format

Hi All, I have a output like below values val1=test.com val2=10.26.208.11 val3=en1 val4=test-priv1.com val5=192.168.3.4 val6=en2 val7=test-priv2.com val8=192.168.4.4 val9=en3 val10=test-vip.com val11=10.26.208.9 val12=$val3 I want to convet this output values into below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert TZ output to a different format

Friends, I am trying to convert my local server timezone EST to UTC and for which I used the TZ command, see below $ date Thu Dec 6 10:14:14 EST 2012 $ $ TZ=UTC date -d '10:14 EST' Thu Dec 6 15:14:00 UTC 2012 Now I would like to have the same output in 'yyyymmdd hh:mm' format. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a String to a Number

I read in two numbers from a user but the number is a string. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter first number: " num1 read -p "Enter second number: " num2 I know you can use the the "expr" or "bc" command to automatically convert the string to a number then add them together. But I don't want to add... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies
PS2PDF(1)							    Ghostscript 							 PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf14 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf14 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed in a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension in the current working directory. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf14 will always produce PDF 1.4 output (Acrobat 5-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12, ps2pdf13 or ps2pdf14, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. OPTIONS
The ps2pdf scripts use the same options as gs(1). EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 9.07 12 February 2013 PS2PDF(1)