Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert output to string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert output to string Post 302386896 by kam786sim on Thursday 14th of January 2010 03:24:22 AM
Old 01-14-2010
Nope it didn't work.
i dont want to pass command as parameter.
I want it output to be passed as string

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert array into the string

Hi I have a line/string as follows: A=" 3498 NORDEA - INDX LINKED NORY" which was converted into an array of characters: p321$ echo "${ARR}" 3 4 9 8 N O R D E A - I N D X L I N K E D N O R Y When I am trying print this array there are blank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to convert this file output

hi, How do I do this with sed and egrep? is that even possible? I have the following file with this content #OQ#||1|XDzb34_zcSETA|SETA #OQ#||3|XDzc24_zcSETA|SETA #OQ#||4|XDze12_zcSETA|SETA #OQ#||6|XDzf35_zcSETA|SETA #OQ#||7|ADzf38_zc|SETA 1. I want to strip out X and SETA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbchen
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a column to row output?

Getting tired of cut-and-paste...so I thought I would post a question. how do I change this column output to a single row? from this: # vgdisplay -v /dev/vgeva05 | grep dsk | awk '{print $3}' /dev/dsk/c6t0d5 /dev/dsk/c11t0d5 /dev/dsk/c15t0d5 /dev/dsk/c18t0d5 /dev/dsk/c7t0d5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert timezone into human output

Hi I have a command which returns a timezone, Ej: root@bsades2: /usr/local/bin # lsuser -a time_last_login israel israel time_last_login=1279032223 Question: I want to parse this timezone '1279032223' into a 'martes, 13 de julio de 2010 16:43:43' from the ksh shell. Is itt possible? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert string

Hi. I will be very appreciated for help. I need replace all characters into string with \ (backslash) I mean if I have word abcdefg as input. How I can convert it to \a\b\c\d\e\f\g Thanks and best regards. Staas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the output in table format

Hi All, I have a output like below values val1=test.com val2=10.26.208.11 val3=en1 val4=test-priv1.com val5=192.168.3.4 val6=en2 val7=test-priv2.com val8=192.168.4.4 val9=en3 val10=test-vip.com val11=10.26.208.9 val12=$val3 I want to convet this output values into below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert TZ output to a different format

Friends, I am trying to convert my local server timezone EST to UTC and for which I used the TZ command, see below $ date Thu Dec 6 10:14:14 EST 2012 $ $ TZ=UTC date -d '10:14 EST' Thu Dec 6 15:14:00 UTC 2012 Now I would like to have the same output in 'yyyymmdd hh:mm' format. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a String to a Number

I read in two numbers from a user but the number is a string. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter first number: " num1 read -p "Enter second number: " num2 I know you can use the the "expr" or "bc" command to automatically convert the string to a number then add them together. But I don't want to add... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies
shownonascii(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   shownonascii(1)

NAME
shownonascii - View all or part of a mail message in a non-ASCII font SYNOPSIS
shownonascii charset-font-name [-e command-to-execute] file-name(s) DESCRIPTION
The shownonascii program allows data in non-ASCII character sets to be viewed under X11. By default, it will open up an xterm using the font named in the first argument, running the "more" command to view all of the files named on the command line. If the -e switch is used, the rest of the command line will be taken as the command to tell xterm to run instead of more. If the MM_CHARSET environment variable is set and matches the character set named in the first argument, a new xterm window will not be opened. If the MM_AUXCHARSETS environment variable is set the character set named in the first argument is a subset of that string, a new xterm window will not be opened. SEE ALSO
mailto-hebrew(1), mailto(1), metamail(1) BUGS
Nope. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 shownonascii(1)