Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lynx --dump on site that needs username and password?? Post 302386543 by Corona688 on Tuesday 12th of January 2010 05:13:32 PM
Old 01-12-2010
Like I said there's probably a form you need to post the username and password to. The --user and --pass options are for basic and digest authentication, not form-based things.

I wouldn't use lynx. It's a web browser. Besides this may be a two page operation, post data to one page, save cookies, load another page with the given cookies...

You'll need to inspect the source of the webpage to see what page to submit what data to, and the manpage of wget to see how to save and load cookies. For more detail I'd need to pick apart the source of the webpage myself.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[lynx dump] Order (by name/URL)

Hi :) How to use dump in lynx. $ lynx -dump http://www.google.com So, this is an example of a lynx dump: txt1 blabla Other txt some text 1. http://url_of_txt1 2. http://url_of_blabla 3. http://url_of_Other_txt 4. http://url_of_some_text ... How can i obtain this output? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspire
12 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Take all db dump with username and passowrd

Hi All I have mysql server,That have many Database with different username and password for each,How can i dump all database collectively,And then restore to an other mysql db sever . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to make fixtures table with lynx --dump and pipe filters

Hey, I'm trying to make a nice clear table of fixtures. lynx --dump Fixtures & Reports | Fixtures | Arsenal.com | tail -n+360 | less #tail to remove 1st 360 line I'm trying to remove the 'Add to Calendar' bit next I tried pipping through sed but not sure if I did it right sed 's/\Add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 64mb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

input username and password interactively

Hi guys, I am using Solaris 10 and we install IBM OnDemand server there. there's a command called arsload that we use to load document and query document too. I need to write a script to query document but when querying document, this command prompt for username then password. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markthien
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Steps after username and password is entered !

Hi, I know this sounds crazy question.. but I am just curious to know what happens next when I enter username and password and hit enter on a new Unix session (using Putty)? I mean which file gets executed, how the default login shell is determined etc... regards juzz4fun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need to crack username and password on laptop

I am not a computer geek but I recently was given a Dell Latitude c400 laptop which has Red Hat Linux 2.4.20-6 GRUB Version 0.93. First of all I have no clue how to even use this operating system and I was never given the username or password. Is there anyone out there who could possibly help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: missfixit74
4 Replies
WebKDC(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       WebKDC(3pm)

NAME
WebKDC - functions to support the WebKDC SYNOPSIS
use WebAuth; use WebKDC; use WebKDC::Exception; use WebKDC::WebRequest; use WebKDC::WebResponse; my ($status, $exception) = WebKDC::make_request_token_request($req, $resp); DESCRIPTION
WebKDC is a set of convenience functions built on top of mod WebAuth to implement the WebKDC. All functions have the potential to throw either a WebKDC::WebKDCException or WebAuth::Exception. EXPORT
None FUNCTIONS
make_request_token_request(req,resp) ($status, $e) = WebKDC::make_request_token_request($req, $resp); Used to handle an incoming request token. It should be used in the following fashion: my $req = new WebKDC::WebRequest; my $resp = new WebKDC::WebResponse; # if the user just submitted their username/password, include them if ($username && $password) { $req->user($username); $req->pass($password); } # pass in any proxy-tokens we have from a cookies # i.e., enumerate through all cookies that start with webauth_wpt # and put them into a hash: # $cookies = { "webauth_wpt_krb5" => $cookie_value } $req->proxy_cookies($cookies); # $req_token_str and $service_token_str would normally get # passed in via query/post parameters $req->request_token($req_token_str); $req->service_token($service_token_str); my ($status, $e) = WebKDC::make_request_token_request($req, $resp); # for all these cases, check if $resp->proxy_cookies() has any # proxy cookies we need to update when sending back a page to # the browser if ($status == WK_SUCCESS) { # ok, request successful } elsif ($status == WK_ERR_USER_AND_PASS_REQUIRED || $status == WK_LOGIN_FORCED) { # prompt for user/pass } elsif ($status == WK_ERR_LOGIN_FAILED) { # supplied user/pass was invalid, try again } else { # use this if/elsif/else to pick the error message if ($status == WK_ERR_UNRECOVERABLE_ERROR) { # something nasty happened. } elsif ($status == WK_ERR_REQUEST_TOKEN_STATLE) { # user took too long to login, original request token is stale } elsif ($status == WK_ERR_WEBAUTH_SERVER_ERROR) { # like WK_ERR_UNRECOVERABLE_ERROR, but indicates the error # most likely is due to the webauth server making the request, } else { # treat like WK_ERROR_UNRECOVERABLE ERROR } # display the error message and don't prompt anymore } AUTHOR
Roland Schemers (schemers@stanford.edu) SEE ALSO
WebKDC::WebKDCException WebKDC::Token WebKDC::WebRequest WebKDC::WebRespsonse WebAuth. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-25 WebKDC(3pm)