Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lynx --dump on site that needs username and password?? Post 302386542 by 64mb on Tuesday 12th of January 2010 05:02:54 PM
Old 01-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I'd try wget instead of lynx. You can script it; use it to automatically post data to the login URL and save cookies(including session cookies, which otherwise expire in negative time somehow), then re-load cookies and download another URL.
Thanks for you reply but how do I do that?

I tried
Code:
wget --user=**** --password=**** "http.www.site.com/"

to no avail

Also there is a --post-data option for lynx that I can't seem to understand

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[lynx dump] Order (by name/URL)

Hi :) How to use dump in lynx. $ lynx -dump http://www.google.com So, this is an example of a lynx dump: txt1 blabla Other txt some text 1. http://url_of_txt1 2. http://url_of_blabla 3. http://url_of_Other_txt 4. http://url_of_some_text ... How can i obtain this output? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspire
12 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Take all db dump with username and passowrd

Hi All I have mysql server,That have many Database with different username and password for each,How can i dump all database collectively,And then restore to an other mysql db sever . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to make fixtures table with lynx --dump and pipe filters

Hey, I'm trying to make a nice clear table of fixtures. lynx --dump Fixtures & Reports | Fixtures | Arsenal.com | tail -n+360 | less #tail to remove 1st 360 line I'm trying to remove the 'Add to Calendar' bit next I tried pipping through sed but not sure if I did it right sed 's/\Add... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 64mb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

input username and password interactively

Hi guys, I am using Solaris 10 and we install IBM OnDemand server there. there's a command called arsload that we use to load document and query document too. I need to write a script to query document but when querying document, this command prompt for username then password. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markthien
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Steps after username and password is entered !

Hi, I know this sounds crazy question.. but I am just curious to know what happens next when I enter username and password and hit enter on a new Unix session (using Putty)? I mean which file gets executed, how the default login shell is determined etc... regards juzz4fun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need to crack username and password on laptop

I am not a computer geek but I recently was given a Dell Latitude c400 laptop which has Red Hat Linux 2.4.20-6 GRUB Version 0.93. First of all I have no clue how to even use this operating system and I was never given the username or password. Is there anyone out there who could possibly help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: missfixit74
4 Replies
VIRTUOSO-T(1)															     VIRTUOSO-T(1)

NAME
virtuoso-t - OpenLink Virtuoso Opensource Server SYNOPSIS
virtuoso-t [-fcnCbDARwMKrBd] [+foreground] [+configfile arg] [+no-checkpoint] [+checkpoint-only] [+backup-dump] [+crash-dump] [+configfile arg] [+restore-crash-dump] [+wait] [+more arg] [+dumpkeys arg] [+restore-backup arg] [+backup-dirs arg] [+debug] [+pwdold arg] [+pwddba arg] [+pwddav arg] virtuoso-t [+help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the virtuoso-t command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation in the 'doc' VAD package. virtuoso-t is the OpenLink Virtuoso server OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the 'doc' VAD package. +foreground run in the foreground +configfile use alternate configuration file +no-checkpoint do not checkpoint on startup +checkpoint-only exit as soon as checkpoint on startup is complete +backup-dump dump database into the transaction log, then exit +crash-dump dump inconsistent database into the transaction log, then exit +crash-dump-data-ini specify the DB ini to use for reading the data to dump +restore-crash-dump restore from a crash-dump +wait wait for background initialization to complete +mode specify mode options for server startup (onbalr) +dumpkeys specify key id(s) to dump on crash dump (default : all) +restore-backup default backup directories +backup-dirs run in the foreground +debug Show additional debugging info +pwdold Old DBA password +pwddba New DBA password +pwddav New DAV password FILES
/etc/virtuoso/virtuoso.ini The configuration file to control the behaviour of the main instance of virtuoso-t. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by the 'doc' VAD package. 17 April 2013 VIRTUOSO-T(1)