Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Unable to install ubuntu on vmware server Post 302386113 by kushal154 on Monday 11th of January 2010 10:46:04 AM
Old 01-11-2010
Hey it worked now. I don't know what happened. Today i just tried it again and it went through fine. Anyways thanks for the reply.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to install datastage server on Redhat Linux

Hi, i have tried to install datastage server on redhat Linux operating system. But i unable to install the datastage sevrer. here are the details of the system. 1. Lynix installed using vmwear. vmwear Version :7.0.1 build-227600 2. lynix version information. uname -a ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

unable to install package on Ubuntu

Hi all, I am working on Ubuntu 7.10 and I want to install libssl-dev_0.9.8a-7ubuntu0.13_i386.deb. So tryied it with apt-get command but getting the following error-- Then I downloaded .deb file and attempt to install it with package installer but again unable to install it and getting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

'Starting up partitioner' freezes during Ubuntu Server install

Here's my hardware: GA-880GA-UD3H(rev. 2.2) Had Ubuntu 11.04 server running with 6 Seagate 1TB ST31000524AS drives. Was NOT using the 2 white gigabyte sata ports, only blue. (8 sata ports total on MB) 1x IDE DVD-ROM (For Ubuntu Server Install disk) I was trying to upgrade to use all SATA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorewap3
0 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

sharing between vmware (ubuntu) and windows7

Hi Friends, I have windows7 in my system and I installed vmware having ubuntu OS, I am able to work in both independently. But I want to share some text file from WINDOWS7 to the vmware ubuntu, I tried and able to ping vmware(ubuntu) ipaddress from windows7 and vice-versa. But when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: forroughuse
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to Install Solaris on my test server

I am trying to install Solaris 10 on one my test server with the name as Solaris202 . but I am getting an error like below Creating new rsa public/private host key pair Creating new dsa public/private host key pair solaris202 console login: Feb 15 22:03:36 solaris202 sendmail: My... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2uniks
6 Replies

7. SuSE

HELP for Newbie: Unable to run GUI installer (Ubuntu client connected to SLES server)

Hello All, I'm using my Ubuntu 10.04 client connected via SSH to a SuSE Linux server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) version 11 patchlevel=1). I'm trying to run an install of WebSphere Portal but can't seem to be able to run the GUI installer. Running xclock as root returns this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartrait
7 Replies

8. IP Networking

Unable to SSH from Windows client to Ubuntu Server

I'm trying to setup a small home network environment as a pet project. These are physical machines nothing virtual. Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. I can ping between both machines and I have Samba established and can read/write different shares. When I try to SSH from Windows 8.1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombardi4851
10 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Unable to boot Ubuntu server 15.10

Hi; I had Windows Server 2003 and performed a fresh Ubuntu Server 15 installation. After installation, Ubuntu server not booting I guess there is boot problem conflicting with my old Windows Server. This is my pastebin: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13851828/ Any help to start my new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies
VMBLOCK(9)							   Open VM Tools							VMBLOCK(9)

NAME
vmblock - vmware kernel module SYNOPSIS
modprobe vmblock DESCRIPTION
This is a kernel filesystem module. Ideally, it should be loaded before any of the Tools userlevel components are allowed to start, though vmblock itself has no dependencies. When loaded, vmblock will establish itself in /proc/fs/vmblock and create two nodes therein, dev and mountPoint. Before mounting a vmblock filesystem, ensure that /tmp/VMwareDnD exists as a directory with permissions 1777, otherwise host to guest drag n' drop operations won't work. To mount, issue: mount -t vmblock none /proc/fs/vmblock/mountPoint Once mounted, vmware-user(1) can begin to make use of vmblock to assist with DnD operations. Note that while vmware-user(1) is running, it'll keep an open file descriptor on /proc/fs/vmblock/dev, and thus all vmware-user(1) instances must be killed to unmount and unload vmblock. OPTIONS
vmblock has no options. SEE ALSO
vmware-checkvm(1) vmware-hgfsclient(1) vmware-toolbox(1) vmware-toolbox-cmd(1) vmware-user(1) vmware-xferlogs(1) libguestlib(3) libvmtools(3) vmware-guestd(8) vmware-hgfsmounter(8) vmware-user-suid-wrapper(8) vmci(9) vmhgfs(9) vmmemctl(9) vmsock(9) vmsync(9) vmxnet(9) vmxnet3(9) HOMEPAGE
More information about vmblock and the Open VM Tools can be found at <http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/>. AUTHOR
Open VM Tools were written by VMware, Inc. <http://www.vmware.com/>. This manual page was put together from homepage materials by Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2010.03.20-243334 2010-04-08 VMBLOCK(9)