Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Redirect produces zero byte file Post 302386090 by AIX_user on Monday 11th of January 2010 09:55:12 AM
Old 01-11-2010
Redirect produces zero byte file

I my shell script I call a program and redirect the output to a file.
mypgm > myoutput.file
Once in a while, the output file is zero byte.
The programmer of mypgm said the program always produce some output.
Is there any situation where a redirect will create a zero byte file even if the program actually output something. I want to be sure before I go back to challenge the programmer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find if a file is zero byte or not?

hi, How to check if a file or files are of zero bytes and if yes, then to print their names? Ashu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

0 byte file with no name????

Please help me in removing the 2nd file : -rw-rw-rw- 1 fup03a fup03a 9216 Aug 16 00:45 med_delay_log -rw-rw-rw- 1 fup03a fup03a 0 Aug 16 18:04 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonkeynesguy
5 Replies

3. Linux

vgscan produces no output using file descriptors on Oracle Enterprise Linux.

I wrote a simple program which will create a child process to execute a command and the output will be redirected to the file. Please have a look at the following code -> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> void execute(char **argv) { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

4. Programming

File compiles but produces Memory fault when executed

I run the following K$ cc -v dtfn.c -o dtfn Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.4.6/specs Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sewood
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if 2 files are identical byte-to-byte?

In my server migration requirement, I need to compare if one file on old server is exactly the same as the corresponding file on the new server. For diff and comm, the inputs need to be sorted. But I do not want to disturb the content of the file and need to find byte-to-byte match. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp 0 byte file

I have some clients uploading 0byte files to my ftp server unfortunately they dial in to an isp first so I'm not having any luck figuring out where they are coming from. I'm looking for a way to have the ftp server reject 0 byte files I checked man on vsftpd and did not see anything is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjmill1979
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a byte(Last byte from the last line)

Hi All Can anyone please suggest me how to remove the last byte from a falt file .This is from the last line's last BYTE. Please suggest me something. Thank's and regards Vinay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete zero byte file

Hello I have a requirement where i need to find the zero byte size file in the directory and need to delete that zero byte file. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the file for non-zero byte

Hi, An 'If' clause has to be executed if file1.txt has any contents in it. Suggest us... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavnayas
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Logrotate 0 byte file

Hello, For various reasons I decided to rebuild my log server on a new microSD. To simplify matters I restored a backed up copy of the appropriate config files and uploaded them to the new log server once syslog-ng was setup. The issue I am running into now is when logrotate compresses the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyUserName7000
3 Replies
Mail::SPF::Mod::Redirect(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Mail::SPF::Mod::Redirect(3)

NAME
Mail::SPF::Mod::Redirect - SPF record "redirect" modifier class DESCRIPTION
An object of class Mail::SPF::Mod::Redirect represents an SPF record modifier of type "redirect". Constructors The following constructors are provided: new(%options): returns Mail::SPF::Mod::Redirect Creates a new SPF record "redirect" modifier object. %options is a list of key/value pairs representing any of the following options: domain_spec See "new" in Mail::SPF::Mod. new_from_string($text, %options): returns Mail::SPF::Mod::Redirect; throws Mail::SPF::ENothingToParse, Mail::SPF::EInvalidMod Creates a new SPF record "redirect" modifier object by parsing the string and any options given. Class methods The following class methods are provided: name: returns string Returns 'redirect'. name_pattern: returns Regexp Returns a regular expression that matches a modifier name of 'redirect'. precedence: returns real Returns a precedence value of 0.8. See "precedence" in Mail::SPF::Mod. Instance methods The following instance methods are provided: params See "params" in Mail::SPF::Mod. domain_spec: returns Mail::SPF::MacroString Returns the "domain-spec" parameter of the modifier. process($server, $request, $result): throws Mail::SPF::Result If no mechanism matched during the evaluation of the current SPF record, performs a recursive SPF check using the given SPF server and request objects and substituting the modifier's target domain name for the request's authority domain. The result of the recursive SPF check is then thrown as the result of the current record's evaluation. However, if the target domain has no acceptable SPF record, a "permerror" result is thrown. See RFC 4408, 6.1, for details. See Mail::SPF::Mod for other supported instance methods. SEE ALSO
Mail::SPF, Mail::SPF::Mod, Mail::SPF::Term, Mail::SPF::Record <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4408> For availability, support, and license information, see the README file included with Mail::SPF. AUTHORS
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>, Shevek <cpan@anarres.org> perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 Mail::SPF::Mod::Redirect(3)