Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recover RAID data
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Recover RAID data Post 302385970 by pludi on Monday 11th of January 2010 01:22:51 AM
Old 01-11-2010
What kind of RAID was on the disks? Did the original server crash because of the disks? Do you know the version of the md-tools, or at least the original kernel used?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover lost data

I did a rm -r command on a directory. I would like to know if there is any way I can recover the data that was lost during this operation. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

raid 0+1 +oracle getting slow data reads.

howdy, Issue: Slow db data access. Oracle 7.3.4 OS: Sol8 +current patches Hardware: Model: E3600 CPU: (4) 336 US-II Memory: 2048 Disks Arrays: (2) D1000 (each on its own io card) Drives: (5/per disk array)Cheetah 9LP Capacity:9.1 GB Speed:10000 rpm Average Read Time: 5.4ms FS:... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HDD damaged, help me to recover data

I can't mount root partition. I can boot GRUB but when root partition mounting step the screen show me message: init not found. I don't want to recover linux OS, I only want to recover /root/*.* files In windows OS I use Easy Recovery but I don't know software which recover data in linux OS.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleghost
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover data from 2 files then combine

Using dd or similar tools to recover data from 2 damaged cdroms, I need a way to then combine the 2 files, 1 from each cd, and make a good file: this all result from finding that certain cd's tops scratch easily even when using the "proper" cd markers, hence making the file useless, however the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint65
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to recover data from lost+found

Hi All, I am facing a problem of filesystem corruption,where i am trying to recover data with fsck -f <device name> ,now it restore the corrupted data in lost+found directory.Please let me know how to recover the data from lost+found directory. Thanks, Shailesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbapotikar
1 Replies

6. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

7. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
ATARAID(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ATARAID(4)

NAME
ataraid -- ATA software RAID support SYNOPSIS
device ata device ataraid DESCRIPTION
The ataraid driver provides support for so-called software RAID (sometimes referred to as fake RAID or pseudo RAID). When a controller that supports software RAID is instructed to create a RAID array, its BIOS writes data structures in a specific metadata format to the disks. These data structures are picked up by the ataraid driver, so that FreeBSD can work with the array. The ataraid driver has to understand the specific metadata format of a controller BIOS in order to support its RAID capabilities. Read-only support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Creation and rebuild of such arrays has to be done from the controller BIOS. Read and write support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Additionally, the atacontrol(8) utility can be used to create, rebuild, update and fail such RAID arrays. The ataraid driver can read the following metadata formats: o Adaptec HostRAID o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Highpoint V3 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o Integrated Technology Express (ITE) o JMicron o LSI Logic V2 MegaRAID o LSI Logic V3 MegaRAID o NVIDIA MediaShield o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Image Medley o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID The ataraid driver can write the following metadata formats: o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o JMicron o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID It is also possible to use software RAID on controllers that do not have special software RAID capabilities. See atacontrol(8) for details. FILES
/dev/ar* ATA RAID device nodes SEE ALSO
ata(4), atacontrol(8) CAVEATS
RAID5 is not supported at this time. Code exists, but it neither uses nor maintains parity information. AUTHORS
The ataraid driver was written by Soren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
February 17, 2006 BSD