Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Xvm Xen doesn't find installation files Post 302385922 by jlliagre on Sunday 10th of January 2010 04:29:06 PM
Old 01-10-2010
I see no obvious mistake. Perhaps is it just your windows release isn't supported by Xen for some reason. You might want to try a tested OS ( Guest types known to work and not work (Community Group xen.guest-compatibility) - XWiki ).
Alternatively, VirtualBox might be a simpler option.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find size of each subdirect? du -sk | ls doesn't work

Using solaris 2.5.1, and how can I get a summary of the size of each subdirectory, say for /export/home, all the users? usually I do a du -sk dirname but I have to manually type in each name, is there a better way? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how do i find out if a file doesn't contain a pattern?

how do i check a file for a pattern and perform an action if it doesn't exist? i know how to search a file for a pattern. you just place it in an array like so. #!/usr/bin/perl my $data_file = "file.txt"; open DATA, "$data_file"; my @array_of_data = <DATA>; if ($_ =~ m/pattern/i) {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
4 Replies

3. Programming

find() doesn't find '|' for some reason

Here's some sample output and my code follows it. Why can't find() find '|'. It just dosn't make a bit of sense at all. AL01463|Pell City|Saint Clair|B|02115|AL|35125|630|Birmingham (Ann and Tusc)|13890|40|Charter Communications|Fairfield|Charter Communications|2 -1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepoto
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation of Xen hypervisor

I want the steps to install Xen hypervisor (with Domain 0) on linux kernel 2.6.38.8 on ubuntu.Actually there are many links for the steps but each link shows differenet commands.So I want a precise note containing the steps for installation of Xen:wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratibha
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Xen Server Installation on CentOS6...?

Hello Folks, Anyone know about the support possibilities of Xenserver(open source) on CentOS6..? As I Googled and read alot of forums, but no luck. I have tried the followings. OS: CentOS6 Kernel: 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64 Arch: x86_64 When tried to install XenServer from source. Xen4.0 -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

OS X 'find' nogroup/nouser doesn't traverse directories?

flamingo:~ joliver$ sudo find / -nogroup find: /dev/fd/4: No such file or directory find: /home: No such file or directory find: /Library: No such file or directory find: /net: No such file or directory find: /Network: No such file or directory find: /private: No such file or directory find:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why regex pattern doesn't work in find?

$ find /opt/data_* -maxdepth 3 -type d -name "main*" 2> /dev/null /opt/data_025/maindblogs /opt/data_026/maindblogs /opt/data_027/maindblogs /opt/data_028/maindblogs $ find /opt/data_* -maxdepth 3 -type d -name "rvlogs*" 2> /dev/null /opt/data_002/prod/rvlogs2_archive... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep doesn't find what it should

Dear all, I wanted to use grep to search some files containing code - and the result was very disappointing: although I could see with my own eyes the expressions (written in the files), grep didn't give any output. Basically, I write this to the terminal grep "Find" *.txtor grep Find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radudownload
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Java doesnīt find the CLASSPATH (System variable)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: As a excercise I have to compile a program (Hello2.java) with a class file (HelloText.java) in another directory. (As you seen in the screenshot) Iīm setting a PATH and a CLASSPATH (system variables). Itīs working without a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MenschTown
2 Replies
XVIF(4) 						 BSD/xen Kernel Interfaces Manual						   XVIF(4)

NAME
xvif -- Xen backend paravirtualized network interface SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device xvif DESCRIPTION
The xvif interface forms the backend part of the paravirtualized drivers used by Xen domains to offer network connectivity. When the guest domain is NetBSD, the endpoint of the xvif interface is a xennet(4) interface. In the XenStore, xvif and xennet are identi- fied by ``vif'' (virtual interface) entries. All xvif interfaces follow the ``xvifXiY'' naming convention, where 'X' represents the guest domain identifier, and 'Y' an arbitrary identi- fier; most of the time, it is the frontend interface identifier, e.g. ``xennetY''. For convenience, the MAC address of an xvif interface is chosen by incrementing the third byte of the MAC address of the frontend device. Conceptually, frontends and backends drivers are similar to two Ethernet cards connected via a crossover cable. DIAGNOSTICS
xvif%di%d: can't read %s/mac: %d The MAC address for this interface could not be read from XenStore. xvif%di%d: %s is not a valid mac address The MAC address specified in the configuration file of the newly created guest domain is invalid. xvif%di%d: Ethernet address %s MAC address of the xvif interface. SEE ALSO
ifmedia(4), xennet(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The xvif driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The xvif driver was written by Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@NetBSD.org>. BSD
April 7, 2011 BSD