Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris boot problem
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris boot problem Post 302385754 by solaris_user on Saturday 9th of January 2010 03:19:30 PM
Old 01-09-2010
in which run level Solaris is ??

Code:
who -r

and what version of Solaris ??

Code:
uname -a -m -v

list services which are in maintance mode

Code:
svcs -a | maintance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris boot problem

I couldnt get my hands on my solaris 2.6 cd soo i used solaris 7 cd to boot to single user mode. I typed boot cdrom -s it bought me to my root prompt , but when i typed fsck.....nothing happened. It was as though it couldnt go ahead with fscking. it just bought up the prompt again,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

2. Solaris

boot problem in Installation i86 sun solaris

Hello everybody, I installed sun solaris i86 , the programme installation install the "Mini Root" and after that he doing shutdown. the camputer coming up and he can't boot. how i can to resuled this problem ??? Thenk you in advence..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanly
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Advice please: boot problem with Solaris 10 on i86

I had this working before. I have a 120GB disk with Solaris on the first primary partition, Fedore Core 3 on the second, Slackware on the third, And FreeBSD 5.3 on the 4th. Booting was handled by grub, and everything was working fine. I decided to wipe everything out and start from scratch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
6 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

V480 w/ Solaris 9 boot problem

Our V480 w/ Solaris 9 would not boot properly. After recreating the LUNs on our StorEdge A1000, and then performing a reboot, the machine just keep cycling through the boot process. No error messages, it keeps trying to reboot over and over again. Any ideas? We managed to do a stop+a and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Boot problem with SMF svcs-Solaris 10 for x86

Hi All, I am newbie in solaris, please guide me. A week before i installed solaris10 on my x86 system, it was working fine i always used "init 5" to shutdown my system as per my collegue advice. But yesterday when i started my system it gave me following message ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrankhan.in
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Windows / Open Solaris dual boot problem.

Okay, let me sketch the problem. I did have a ubuntu / Windows XP dual boot scenario that ran grub as my boot loader. I decided I wanted to try out solaris, so I popped in the opensolaris CD and hit install and told it to format and install over my linux partition. Of course it did that, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syndex
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with Solaris system on x86. It would not boot again after updates.

Hi All, I have an x86 system which I have just installed Solaris 10 on, I intend to use this as a database server for Oracle, I tried to patch the server with the latest updates from SUN in preparation for the Oracle installation as I wanted to make sure that I was running the latest patches. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platforminc
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot problem - ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hello, We have a T5140 server with Solaris 10 and its suddenly throwing "segmentation core" when I login into the server and not showing any output for commands like df, mount etc. so I had to reboot the server to fix this issue. Please note that there's no boot disk mirroring. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem boot Solaris

Hi I have a problem on a server, when he boot I have this type of message loop, do you know what it corresponds to ? ( requesting internet Adress for 0:3:ba:fa:33:91 ) Regards Sun Fire V240, No Keyboard Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, INC. All rights reserved. openboot 4.22.33,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyo-tns
10 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)