Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass variables to a Unix script from a file Post 302385613 by sangharsh on Friday 8th of January 2010 04:26:01 PM
Old 01-08-2010
Pass variables to a Unix script from a file

Hi,

I am running a Java program from a unix script. I need to pass a variable to the Java code from a file. Here are teh details:

Code:
cat Parm <<this is my Parameter file>>
queuename=queue1

and my shell script is :

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
. ./Parm
/opt/java1.5/bin/java -classpath ./java.jar -queue $queueName

queue is a variable defined within the Java program. And queuename is what I need to get from the Parm file.

I hope I am making sense. Please let me know how to do this.

Thanks.

Last edited by radoulov; 01-08-2010 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass multiple variables to SQL script

I am trying to close of multiple users in an Oracle database. Each users has records in multiple tables what I need to do is use a script that call each SQL seperately passing either CLI arguments or gathered arguments from the users during run time. ## Accept variable(s) from the command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variables to 3rd party unix menu?

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to pass data to a unix driven 3rd party menu. Changing the code is out of the question. I have a menu with various options and I would like a ksh to execute the menu and input the required fields. For example. Main menu 1. Company Name 2. blah... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from a file and pass as variables and ignore # in the file

file.txt contains ------------------ sat1 1300 #sat2 2400 sat3 sat4 500 sat5 I need to write a shell script that will output like the below #output sat1.ksh 1300 sat3.ksh sat4.ksh 500 sat5.ksh my try ------- (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: konark
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass variables from Asterisk to a C-script

Hi!I'm trying to write a script in C that Asterisk must call: I would to pass to the script a number digited by the user, make some elaboration with it and then pass the result to Asterisk. I don't understand the mechanism used by Asterisk to pass variable to/from a script: I know that variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucio82
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass variables from one script to another

HI all I am calling a script "b" from script "a". In script "a", i connect to database and get month and year. I have to pass these same values to script b. How can i do that. How can i pass parameters from one script to another (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass perl variables to shell script

I have a perl script that opens a text file containing numbers on each line: for example: 755993 755994 755995 755996 755997 755998 The perl script takes these numbers and store them as an array @raw_data, where I can access individual numbers by using $raw_data for the value 755993.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xchen89x
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass variables to s3cmd in a script file

Hi All, How to pass the variable to s3cmd put command? I'm trying to use this command in a script as below: s3cmd put ${upload_path} s3://${upload_dest} where With the above command in script, the file is not getting uploaded. Please help!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass variables from a text file to a shell script

Hi, I have a text file as follows: a.txt ------ STEPS=3 STEP_DURATION=100 INTERVAL=60 I want to use these values in a shell script. How to go about this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akarnya
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
3 Replies
VCONSOLE.CONF(5)                                                   vconsole.conf                                                  VCONSOLE.CONF(5)

NAME
vconsole.conf - configuration file for the virtual console SYNOPSIS
/etc/vconsole.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/vconsole.conf file configures the virtual console, i.e. keyboard mapping and console font. The basic file format of the vconsole.conf is a newline-separated list environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options vconsole.keymap=, vconsole.keymap.toggle=, vconsole.font=, vconsole.font.map=, vconsole.font.unimap= may be used to override the console settings at boot. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for configuration of the virtual console as well, however only as fallback. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: KEYMAP=, KEYMAP_TOGGLE= Configures the key mapping table of for they keyboard. KEYMAP= defaults to us if not set. The KEYMAP_TOGGLE= can be used to configured a second toggle keymap and is by default unset. FONT=, FONT_MAP=, FONT_UNIMAP= Configures the console font, the console map and the unicode font map. FONT= defaults to latarcyrheb-sun16. EXAMPLE
Example 1. German keyboard and console /etc/vconsole.conf: KEYMAP=de-latin1 FONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), loadkeys(1), setfont(8), locale.conf(5) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 VCONSOLE.CONF(5)