Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ksh Solaris Time calculation problem..Please help Post 302385559 by prash184u on Friday 8th of January 2010 01:43:35 PM
Old 01-08-2010
Thanks Joey,

You are right Carona, it does not work in Solaris.

But everyone is welcome to give some ideas ... you never know anything could work....

Meanwhile i am working on my own algo. and making the script to calculate.. would be done by tomorrow.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

time calculation

Hi, I have start time as a string like 06:04:01 and end time like 06:05:01 i need do a simple math to get the duration. What is the best way to do this in Korn Shell scripting? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liux99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Average completion time calculation?

I've been trying all night to come up with a script that will take a file that contains job completion times like this as input: 18:30 17:45 16:39 18:01 17:50 ... and figure the Average completion time. I've tried several things, and I just can't seem to get it to figure correctly. I'm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seawall
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference calculation

Hi Team, I am currently in the process of writing a script which will take a filename in the format SKADEV.0.db2.NODE0000.CATN0000.20080714231015.001 where the sixth string(with "." as the seperator) is the time stamp of the time of creation of the file. now here is my issue . I need to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Segwar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time Calculation

I have a file with over 100,000 lines of data with looking to compare times of about 2000 lines to get a total time of a process. The lines of unique data are as follows. FINER: CacSoapServer:reserveNetworkResource got the sessionID and INFO: Created CAC session ID The command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpfoster76
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time stamp calculation

Hi all; I'm relatively new to scripting,I am working on a monitoring script.....where in i have to write subroutine which does the follows: It will check the time stamp of a file ( Oracle remarchive files) and compare it with existing time.If the time difference happen to be more than 90... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time calculation

hello guys, I had been to many forums and many topics in this site as well for my question but did not get any solution. My question is how i can get y'day date with time stamp today is 20100729103819 and i am looking for output as 20100728103819. in simple words as we do in oracle sysdate-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokaish23
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH SHELL: problem calculation number of lines inside compressed file

Hi Gurus, I am working with a korn shell script to simplify some operations of calculation number of lines inside compressed file. The called function (inside a cycle) is the following: ######################################### # F.ne: CheckCount #########################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

time calculation in ksh script

I"m trying to calculate the duration of of backup within a ksh shell script but I get an error. #!/bin/ksh STTIM=`date '+%T'` EDTIM=`date '+%T'` .... .... echo "DURATION OF BACKUP: $((EDTIM - STTIM))" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Time Problem

Hi all, I am printing yesterday date in solaris using command: TZ=GMT+24 date +%b_%d_%Ybut at 01:00 AM on jan 11, it is printing: Anyone please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand2308
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time calculation

Hi Gurus, I need to get one hour before time is yyyymmddhh format. ex. date +"%Y%m%d%H" gives 2017052814 but I need 2017052813 Thankx Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalakaatslt
6 Replies
CALENDAR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CALENDAR(1)

NAME
calendar - reminder service SYNOPSIS
calendar [ - ] DESCRIPTION
Calendar consults the file `calendar' in the current directory and prints out lines that contain today's or tomorrow's date anywhere in the line. Most reasonable month-day dates such as `Dec. 7,' `december 7,' `12/7,' etc., are recognized, but not `7 December' or `7/12'. If you give the month as ``*'' with a date, i.e. ``* 1'', that day in any month will do. On weekends `tomorrow' extends through Monday. When an argument is present, calendar does its job for every user who has a file `calendar' in his login directory and sends him any posi- tive results by mail(1). Normally this is done daily in the wee hours under control of cron(8). The file `calendar' is first run through the ``C'' preprocessor, /lib/cpp, to include any other calendar files specified with the usual ``#include'' syntax. Included calendars will usually be shared by all users, maintained and documented by the local administration. FILES
calendar /usr/libexec/calendar to figure out today's and tomorrow's dates /etc/passwd /tmp/cal* /lib/cpp, egrep, sed, mail as subprocesses SEE ALSO
at(1), cron(8), mail(1) BUGS
Calendar's extended idea of `tomorrow' doesn't account for holidays. 7th Edition October 21, 1996 CALENDAR(1)