Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to split a file into exactly two files by timestamp? Post 302385550 by oky on Friday 8th of January 2010 01:09:56 PM
Old 01-08-2010
Which outputs do you need in separate log files...can you be more specific ....

Last edited by Scott; 01-09-2010 at 01:06 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split A File Into 2 Files

i WANT TO SPLIT A FILE WHICH HAS 250 COLUMNS. and the delimiter is '|'. So , can somebody help me with the command i have to use to split the file into two files. thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_needhelp
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files based on timestamp avl in file name

Dear All, I have the followoing requirement.. REQ-1: Suppose I have the following files XX_20070202000101.zip XX_20080223000101.zip XX_20080226000101.zip XX_20080227000101.zip XX_20080228000101.zip XX_20080229000101.zip Suppose sysdate = 29 Feb 2007 I need to delete all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting files based on timestamp and picking the latest file

Hi Friends, Newbie to shell scripting Currently i have used the below to sort data based on filenames and datestamp $ printf '%s\n' *.dat* | sort -t. -k3,4 filename_1.dat.20120430.Z filename_2.dat.20120430.Z filename_3.dat.20120430.Z filename_1.dat.20120501.Z filename_2.dat.20120501.Z... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertbrown624
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Multiple Files adding date timestamp before file type

There are files in a directory and I have to move multiple files adding datetimestamp before the file type. /Data/ abc.csv def.csv ghi.csv I have to move this files to archive directory adding datatimestamp before .csv /archive/ abc_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv def_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files based on particular file timestamp

Hi, I have requirement to list out files that are created after particular file. ex. I have below files in my directory. I want to display files created after /dirdat/CG1/cg004440 file. ./dirdat/CG1/cg004438 09/07/14 0:44:05 ./dirdat/CG1/cg004439 09/07/14 6:01:48 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split timestamp and put a dot between YYYYMMDD and HHMMSS?

I have a string time=20170303201234 I want to split it and put a dot result: 20170303.201234 CODE: ttdotss=`echo ${time} | {8}.{8}` Doesn't understand I tried this: CODE: ttdotss=`echo ${time} |cut -c 1-8 | . | cut -c 9-14` Result: script: .: argument expected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into 10 different files

OS : RHEL 6.7 Shell : bash I have a text file with 5.97 million lines. I want to split this big file into 12 different files (in sequential order) so that each file will contain roughly 500K lines. I tried the following awk command after googling. But, it just created 2 files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with UNIX command to get the latest file from list of files with timestamp

Hi All, I have list of files like below with name abcxyz.timestamp. I need a unix command to pick the latest file from the list of below files. Here in this case the lates file is abcxyz.20190304103200. I have used this unix command "ls abcxyz*|tail -1" but i heard that it is not the appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
2 Replies
grablogs.conf(4)						   File Formats 						  grablogs.conf(4)

NAME
grablogs.conf - grablogs configuration for libgrablogs.so of the plugins of gnome-system-log file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf DESCRIPTION
The libgrablogs.so is a plugin for gnome-system-log(1), it colloct the log files from the system as many as possible. grablogs.conf is a configuration file that contains a set of lines mixed with sh(1) syntax codes and individual log files. libgrablogs.so will read the file try to get a log files list for gnome-system-log(1). Users can copy the file into $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p` to overwrite the system default one. The grablogs.conf file contains the following configuration categories: [configs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a config file of System. The plugin will open the config file and try to find all system paths of the logs. [commands] Each line under this category is interpreted as a shell command and will be execute through a pipe. And each line of the out- put of the command will be interpreted as a log path. [logs] Each line under this category is interpreted as a log path. FILES
/usr/lib/gnome-system-log/plugins/grablogs.conf The system default configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so $HOME/.gnome2/gnome-system-log/plugins/`uname -p`/grablogs.conf The user specific configuration file for the plugin libgrablogs.so EMAMPLE
[configs] /etc/syslog.conf [commands] for i in `svcs -aH -o FMRI | grep -v lrc `; do svcprop -p restarter/logfile $i 2>/dev/null || svcprop -q -p restarter/alt_logfile $i 2>/dev/null ; done [logs] /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog /var/log/cron /var/log/Xorg.0.log /var/log/XFree86.0.log /var/log/auth.log /var/log/cups/error_log SEE ALSO
gnome-system-log(1), pipelog.conf(1) gnome-utils 2.16.0 13 Oct 2006 grablogs.conf(4)