Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assign values to variables of a file Post 302385487 by Amit.Sagpariya on Friday 8th of January 2010 08:16:27 AM
Old 01-08-2010
No tell me one thing... from where u will get list of user? Is it in a file or you need to pass dynamically each time...

For each use, do u need to create seperate file like above. If yes, what will be the output file name conventions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how do u assign the values to different variables when it is presneted in one line??

hey people.. i have a configuration file that looks like 7080 7988 net04.xxxxx.edu 20 where 20 is the number of threads in the thread pool initially. net04.xxxxx.edu is the hostname. and 7080 7988 are two ports. first one for client requests and second one for dns communication. now my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwetaShah
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I assign values to variables made in a script?

How do I assign values to variables made in a script? e.g. for ((x=0;x<=5;i+=1)); do Xm$i=$var done (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelitini
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i read text file and assign its values to variables using shell

Hello, I have a cat.dat file, i would like shell to read each 3 lines and set this 3 lines to 3 different variables. my cat.dat is: 11 12 +380486461001 12 13 +380486461002 13 14 +380486461003 i want shell to make a loop and assign 1st line to student_id, 2nd line to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Values to variables from a text file

The text file has one single row and looks like this Q1 P1 2006 I have to pick up this values from a shell script into three different variables, say quarter, period and year from the above text file. Some one know's how to do this? I went through 'sed', dint really know how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarsani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to parse lines in a file into two words and assign the values to two variables

For example, I have a file with below lines containing VOB tags and VOB paths. * /vobs/fts/FTSUSM20_VOB /ccvobsslx01/projects/vobs/eml/FTSUSM20_VOB * /vobs/fts/FTS20_VOB /ccvobsslx01/projects/vobs/eml/FTS20_VOB * /vobs/pmv/PMS_VOB /ccvobsslx01/projects/vobs/cpm/_/PMS_VOB *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkc
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables names from array and assign the values

Hi, I have requirement to assign values to variables which are created dynamically. Below is the code which i am using to achieve above requirement. #!/bin/ksh oIFS="$IFS"; IFS=',' STR_FAIL_PARENT_IF_FAILS="WF_F_P_IF_FAILS1,WF_F_P_IF_FAILS2,WF_F_P_IF_FAILS3" set -A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file & assign those values to variables in the script

For eg: I have sample.txt file with 4 rows of record like: user1|password1 user2|password2 user3|password3 user4|password4 The username and password is sepsrated by '|' I want to get the 1st row value from the file and assign it to two different variables(username and password) in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya001
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A better way to assign values to variables - shell

so i've been used to doing it this way: SVAL=$(echo "7 3 2 38 3" | awk '{print $2}') 4VAL=$(echo "4:21:N:3" | awk -F":" '{print $4}') I know there's a way to do it by putting the value in an array and assigning it that way. but i'm not sure how to do it efficiently. any ideas? i dont... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Unknown Values to Variables

i have a program that spits out a certain number of values. i dont know the number of values. they can be 4, 10, 7, 20, no idea. but, i want to be able to assign each of the value returned by this program to a variable. in the latest instance, the program gave the following 6 values: 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies
contig_malloc(9r)														 contig_malloc(9r)

NAME
contig_malloc - General: Allocates physically contiguous memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/malloc.h> void * contig_malloc( u_long size, u_long alignment, u_long addrlimit, int type, int flag ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the size of the memory (in bytes) to allocate. Specifies the alignment of the memory to be allocated. For example, for a 256-byte alignment, you should pass the value 256. A 0 (zero) value means there is no alignment requirement. Specifies that the address of all the allocated memory should be less than or equal to this address. A 0 (zero) value means that there is no address limit requirement. Specifies the purpose for which the memory is being allocated (or freed). The memory type constants are defined in the file /usr/sys/include/sys/malloc.h. Examples of memory type constants are M_DEVBUF (device driver memory), M_KTABLE (kernel table memory), M_RTABLE (routing tables memory), and so forth. Specifies one of the following flags defined in /usr/sys/include/sys/malloc.h: Signifies that contig_malloc should zero the allocated memory. Signifies that contig_malloc can block. Signifies that contig_malloc cannot block. DESCRIPTION
The contig_malloc routine allocates physically contiguous memory during the boot process (before single-user mode). The routine carves out an area of physically contiguous memory from a contiguous memory buffer and allocates memory from this buffer with proper alignment. The call to contig_malloc is the same for statically or dynamically configured drivers. However, the point or points in time in which the stat- ically or dynamically configured driver requests the memory differ. A statically configured driver typically needs to call contig_malloc only before single-user mode. In this case, contig_malloc obtains the memory from the contiguous memory buffer. When a statically configured driver frees this physically contiguous memory (by calling the con- tig_free routine), the memory is returned to the virtual memory subsystem. A dynamically configured driver typically needs physically contiguous memory after single-user mode. As stated previously, contig_malloc carves out an area of physically contiguous memory from a contiguous memory buffer before single-user mode. Thus, this memory would not be available to the dynamically configured driver after single-user mode. To solve this problem, a dynamically configured driver calls con- tig_malloc by defining the CMA_Option attribute in the sysconfigtab file fragment. The cma_dd subsystem calls contig_malloc on behalf of dynamically configured device drivers and obtains the memory allocation size (and other information) from the CMA_Option attribute field. In this case, contig_malloc allocates physically contiguous memory from the con- tiguous memory buffer and places it in a saved memory pool. When a dynamically configured driver needs to call contig_malloc after single- user mode, the physically contiguous memory comes from this saved memory pool. When a dynamically configured driver frees this physically contiguous memory (by calling the contig_free routine), the memory is returned to the saved memory pool (not to the virtual memory subsys- tem). Thus, this physically contiguous memory is available to the dynamically configured driver upon subsequent reload requests that occur after single-user mode. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, contig_malloc returns a pointer to the allocated memory. If contig_malloc cannot allocate the requested memory, it returns a null pointer. SEE ALSO
Routines: contig_free(9r) contig_malloc(9r)