Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] Howto change subdirectory easily using cd Post 302385445 by freddy1228 on Friday 8th of January 2010 05:23:25 AM
Old 01-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek
lazy people seem to be smarter, as they use a lot of brain energy on finding an easier way to do stuff. -- from a web page...

Yes the tip is use CDPATH, refer: 6 Awesome Linux cd command Hacks – Productivity Tip#3 for Geeks
It's great!

Many thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change password script in Unix easily..

I have more than 50 server unix's password need to change, usually I assign one password for all hosts, for easy remember, but I need to change password every two months..it's very tried to change password every 2 months, is there any unix script that can change password easily? ie ' script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

howto change parameter in vi to take tmp file

i have a problem running vi. there is no space in /var where it creates tmp file. How can I change this parameter so that it takes from other directory. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO - change letter case of variable value

Hi I have e.g. VAR1=january and I need to change it into VAR1=January. How to change value of VAR1 variable to always set first character uppercase and other lowercase ? thx for help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto change format of file?

Hi I have a file with this inside: How can I change it to: thanks a lot regards Israel. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Putty : Change default settings (solved)

Hi, I use to work on solaris via putty and always on session start - i use to increase the font to 14 bold - capture session output to a file my requirement) to make these changes permanent, so that i need not to change the settings everytime i connect via putty please advice. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

7. Solaris

[Solved] How to change my default login mode????

Hi guys, I have just installed Solaris 10 x86. My system boots into graphical login by default, I want to have text login only, where can I change that. I tried to use the linux and bsd concept of editing /etc/inittab, and change the default value to 3, but that doesn't work in Solaris. Please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change value of a parameter in a file[solved]

I have a requirement to change the value of a parameter in a configuration file at a certain time before a particular script (python script) runs so that it outputs debug logs for the script. There are lots of other parameters in the file but i wnat to change only this particular parameter. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GosarJunk
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to change/create home dir for particular user

Hi all I wanted to change the home dir for a user, but when using smh : SMH->Accounts for Users and Groups->Local Users->Modify User ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Required... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file

Hi Gurus, I have a file which contains some special char or space. when using cat -evt I can see the file as following: 0,"0000","abc/def aaa ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies
GNUROBOTS(6)							   Games Manual 						      GNUROBOTS(6)

NAME
gnurobots - Program a robot to explore a world SYNOPSIS
gnurobots [OPTION]... [FILE] DESCRIPTION
GNU Robots is a game/diversion where you construct a program for a little robot, then watch him explore a world. The world is filled with baddies that can hurt you, objects that you can bump into, and food that you can eat. The goal of the game is to collect as many prizes as possible before you are killed by a baddie or you run out of energy. Programs for the robot are written in Scheme. GNU Robots will run the scheme file given as FILE. OPTIONS
-f FILE, --map-file=FILE Specify the map to load. -s N, --shields=N Set initial shields to N -e N, --energy=N Set initial energy to N -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display a summary of command-line syntax. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Bradley Smith <brad@brad-smith.co.uk> Copyright (C) 1998 Jim Hall <jhall1@isd.net> This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version without ANY WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
GNU Robots was written by Bradley Smith <brad@brad-smith.co.uk> and Jim Hall <jhall1@isd.net> This manual page was written by Bradley Smith <brad@brad-smith.co.uk>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. The original game does not come with a manual page. GNUROBOTS(6)