Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "Shell returned" message on Linux Post 302385437 by thegeek on Friday 8th of January 2010 05:12:07 AM
Old 01-08-2010
No it is not an error.

You have to 'return 0' as the last statement of your program. You have missed to do, so by default the last statements return value will be returned to the shell which is actually 2 here.

That is returned by print to the program ( print returns the number of characters printed. ).

Got IT ?

Explicitly specify 0, then you will get that ZERO as returned.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

error "Invalid argument" returned after call sched_setscheduler

the code is below and the was run on Solaris 9. ----------------------------- struct sched_param param; param.sched_priority = 99; if(sched_setscheduler(0, SCHED_RR, &param) == -1) { perror("setting priority"); exit(1); } ------------------------------- after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies
MQ_UNLINK(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      MQ_UNLINK(3)

NAME
mq_unlink - remove a message queue SYNOPSIS
#include <mqueue.h> int mq_unlink(const char *name); Link with -lrt. DESCRIPTION
mq_unlink() removes the specified message queue name. The message queue name is removed immediately. The queue itself is destroyed once any other processes that have the queue open close their descriptors referring to the queue. RETURN VALUE
On success mq_unlink() returns 0; on error, -1 is returned, with errno set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EACCES The caller does not have permission to unlink this message queue. ENAMETOOLONG name was too long. ENOENT There is no message queue with the given name. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. SEE ALSO
mq_close(3), mq_getattr(3), mq_notify(3), mq_open(3), mq_receive(3), mq_send(3), mq_overview(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2010-08-29 MQ_UNLINK(3)