Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time out in Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Time out in Solaris Post 302385428 by SmartAntz on Friday 8th of January 2010 04:59:49 AM
Old 01-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
check the /etc/default/login file for TIMEOUT ? How many secs specified?

the /etc/default/login
the TIMEOUT value is 300
but i din take out the #

Smilie

---------- Post updated at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic_Monkey
Are there any messages to say whether it's the client or server disconnecting the session?

Is there a router / firewall between the client / server?
this i need to monitor.. will update in next week.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

default time in Solaris 8 for time-wait

Ok, heres the situation. We use Solaris 8 and sometimes users who are logged into our system restart their pc's without shutting down the application that attached to our unix backend. I netstat and I get time-waits for the users. My question is how long before the time-wait ends and the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp time on Solaris 8

Hello all, Does anyone know how to set the timeout limit on Solaris ftp machine. Thanks all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert date time to epoch time in solaris

Hi, Is there any easy way to convert date time(stored in shell variable ) to epoch time in solaris box? As +%s is working on linux but not on solaris, also -d option is not working. Any suggestion please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
6 Replies

4. Solaris

time difference on solaris 10

Hi, in the log file, it shows like this <Sep 4, 2009 1:31:06 PM PDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000360> <Server started in RUNNING mode> and i filter this log file to capture the time stamp -1:31:06 PM PDT. Can any one please provide the detail on how to find the difference between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alnhk
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change Solaris cluster time?

Hi friends, In our cluster some time difference is there. User told me to change into IST time. How can i change the time in a cluster 3.0. please help me. thanks to all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Time setting on Solaris 10

Hi all, Any idea please how to: -Change Time format from 24h format to 12h format (AM and PM) -Turn off DST: Daylight Save Time on a Solaris10 server Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rafikrafik09
1 Replies

7. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Time Problem

Hi all, I am printing yesterday date in solaris using command: TZ=GMT+24 date +%b_%d_%Ybut at 01:00 AM on jan 11, it is printing: Anyone please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand2308
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Epoch time in Solaris

One way of getting epoch time in solaris is truss date 2>&1 | awk '/^time/{print $3}' Is there any other simple command that can be run from Korn Shell to display epoch time in solaris 5.10? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get past 30 mins time in Solaris?

Hi guys, could you help to find a way to get the past 30 mins time in solaris. version: bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS solaris 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc I had tried the following ways, it works fine in GNU Linux, but doesn't work in Solaris. # date Tue Apr 2 01:01:49 CST... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambious
4 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)