Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Appending string to match pattern (data processing) Post 302385406 by summer_cherry on Friday 8th of January 2010 03:26:55 AM
Old 01-08-2010
perl:

Code:
while(<DATA>){
	chomp;
	my @tmp = split(" ",$_,2);
	my @t=split("_",$tmp[0]);
	push @{$hash{$t[1]}->{VAL}}, $tmp[1];
	$hash{$t[1]}->{SEQ}=$.;
}
foreach my $key(sort {$hash{$a}->{SEQ} <=> $hash{$b}->{SEQ}} keys %hash){
	print "$key @{$hash{$key}->{VAL}}\n";
}
__DATA__
01_gravity.f.tcov 7 3 42.86
02_gravity.f.tcov 9 4 80.86
01_velocity.f.tcov 18 18 100.00
02_velocity.f.tcov 1 19 50.00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can awk match multi pattern in a string

Hi all, I need to category the processes in my system with awk. And for now, there are several command with similar name, so i have to match more than one pattern to pick it out. for instance: binrundb the string1, 2 & 3 may contain word, number, blank or "/". The "bin" should be ahead "rundb"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match url in string / PERL

Am trying to remove urls from text strings in PERL. I have the following but it does not seem to work: $remarks =~ s/www\.\s+\.com//gi; In English, I want to look for www. then I want to delete the www. and everything after it until I hit a space (but not including the space). It's not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrealty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and replace with string

hi guys, insert into /*<new>*/abc_db.tbl_name this is should be replaced to insert into /*<new>*/${new}.tbl_name it should use '.' as delimiter and replace is there any way to do it using sed (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Pattern Match (replacement string)

Hello, i am splitting files and sometimes the string of the pattern doesnt exist in the input file it starts for example with 00:00:01. So the output is completely desorganized, is there any way of putting a replacement string in the pattern so it will grab all the times from 00:**:** to first... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-plicit78
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating and appending string based on specific pattern match

Input #GEO-1-type-1-fwd-Initial 890 1519 OPKHIJEFVTEFVHIJEFVOPKHIJTOPKEFVHIJTEFVOPKOPKHIJHIJHIJTTOPKHIJHIJEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKHIJOPKEFVEFVOPKHIJHIJEFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #GEO-1-type-2-fwd-Terminal 1572 2030... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename pattern match and appending pipe

Hi, I have a directory with around 100k files and files with varying sizes(10GB files to as low as 5KB). All the files are having pipe dilimited records. I need to append 7 pipes to the end of each record, in each file whose name contains _X3_ and need to append 10 pipes to the end of each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from records that match pattern

Hi Guys, I have a file as follows: a b c 1 2 3 4 pp gg gh hh 1 2 fm 3 4 g h i j k l m 1 2 3 4 d e f g h j i k l 1 2 3 f 3 4 r t y u i o p d p re 1 2 3 f 4 t y w e q w r a s p a 1 2 3 4 I am trying to extract all the 2's from each row. 2 is just an example... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match in a string

Hello, Please see below line code: #!/bin/ksh set -x /usr/bin/cat /home/temp |while read line do if ] then echo "matched" else echo "nope" fi done content of filr temp is as below (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing 1 match string from grep at a time

hi all, i have a few log files with dates that are incorrrect (please don't ask me why). i need to add 2852 days, 16 hours, and 21 minutes (246471660 seconds) to each of these dates to correct them. i need to write to new "test2.txt" file that corrects the dates found by grep and yet have it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cilantrocado
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Match & Extract from a string

Hi, I have long string in 2nd field, as shown below: REF1 | CLESCLJSCSHSCSMSCSNSCSRSCUDSCUFSCU7SCV1SCWPSCXGPDBACAPA0DHDPDMESED6 REF2 | SBR4PCBFPCDRSCSCG3SCHEBSCKNSCKPSCLLSCMCZXTNPCVFPCV6P4KL0DMDSDSASEWG I have a group of fixed patterns which can occur in these long strings & only... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
11 Replies
HASHSTASH(3)						 libbash hashstash Library Manual					      HASHSTASH(3)

NAME
hashstash -- libbash library that implements hash data structure SYNOPSIS
hashSet <Value> <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] $retval hashGet <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] $retval hashKeys <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] hashRemove <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] hashDelete <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] DESCRIPTION
General hashstash is a collection of functions that implement basic hash data-structure in bash scripting language. The function list: hashSet Adds a value to the hash hashGet Returns a value from the hash hashKeys Returns a list of keys of the hash hashRemove Removes a key from the hash hashDelete Deletes a hash Detailed interface description follows. FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
hashSet <Value> <Key> <Hashname> [SubHashName [...]] Adds a value to the hash. Parameters: <Value> The value to set in HashName[Key]. <Key> The key for the value Value. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Value will be the value of the key Key in the hash HashName. For example if you have (or want to define) hash C, which is subhash of hash B, which is subhash of hash A, and C has a key named ckey1 with value cval1, then you should use: hashSet cval1 ckey1 A B C $retval hashGet <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Returns the value of Key in HashName to the $retval variable. Parameters: <Key> The key that hold the value we wish to get. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Return Value: The value of the key Key in the hash HashName. The value is returned in the variable $retval. $retval hashKeys <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Returns a list of keys of the hash HashName in the variable $retval. Parameters: <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. Return Value: The value of the key Key in the hash HashName. The value is returned in the variable $retval. hashRemove <Key> <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Removes the key Key from the hash HashName. <Key> The key we wish to remove from HashName. <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. This function should also be used to remove a sub-hash from its "father hash". In that case, the key will be the name of the sub-hash. hashDelete <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] Deletes the hash HashName [SubHashName [...]]. Parameters: <HashName> [SubHashName [...]] A string that contains the name of the hash. If the hash is a sub hash of another hash, the "father hash" name MUST BE WRITTEN FIRST, followed by the sub-hash name. If this function is used on a sub-hash, a key with the name of the sub-hash will remain in its "father hash" and will hold a NULL value. BUGS
A hash name can only contain characters that are valid as part of bash variable names (i.e. a-zA-Z0-9_). The same applies for hash keys. As for now, there is no way of knowing if a key represents a value or a sub-hash. If a sub-hash will be used as a key, the returned value will be its keys list. EXAMPLES
Define hash table hashA with key Akey1 with value Aval1 use: % hashSet Aval1 Akey1 Ahash Now: % hashGet Akey1 Ahash % echo $retval Aval1 % hashKeys Ahash % echo $retval Akey1 % HISTORY
The idea to write hashstash library appeared when we've discovered the full power of the bash eval function. As of the name hashstash, it has two meanings. The first, it means 'stash' of hash functions. The second is, that hashstash contains sub- hashes inside, so it looks like stash of packed information. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux