Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Deleting Multiple Files With the Same Content Post 302385054 by thegeek on Thursday 7th of January 2010 02:50:51 AM
Old 01-07-2010
I know that for conditions it is boolean AND. But now came to know that it is for actions also.

The explanation given was simple & excellent, thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting multiple files through ftp

Hi, I have a situation where I need to delete multiple files from a folder once I connect to FTP server. I am using ftp script to get the files, number of files always vary from 1 to 100. once I get the files I need to delete all the files downloaded I am making a list of all the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting all content in a file from command line

Hey guys, I'd like to delete all text within a text file without actually deleting the file. Is there a vi command I can do from my prompt without actually going into the file and doing a %d i think it is... to remove all the text inside? I want to add this to a cron job to erase all the data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting file content

hallo..i work in c-shell and i want to delete the content of a file without deleting the file itself...commands like >filename or echo -n > filename didn't work....thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolkki
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines from multiple text files

I have a directory full of text data files. Unfortunately I need to get rid of the 7th and 8th line from them all so that I can input them into a GIS application. I've used an awk script to do one at a time but due to the sheer number of files I need some kind of loop mechanism to automate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrms
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming multiple files with first line of content

Hi , I want to rename multiple files with their first line bar the first character + the extension .qual. For the example below the filename should read 7180000000987.qual. I have trawled through different threads for 2 days and I don't seem to find anything I can adopt for this task :confused: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruno
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a column in multiple files that are comma separated

Hi, I have a directory that contains say 100 files named sequencially like input_1.25_50_C1.txt input_1.25_50_C2.txt input_1.25_50_C3.txt input_1.25_50_C4.txt .. .. .. input_1.25_50_C100.txt an example of the content in each of the file is: "NAME" "MEM.SHIP" "cgd1_10" "cgd1_10"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem deleting multiple files using rm in UNIX

I'm baffled..... the system I work on creates files every Mon-Friday I'm trying to delete all files older than 30 days old from a Unix prompt, the command I'm using is: find /directory/ -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \; however it returns /directory/filename: 644 mode ? (y/n) for every file! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bquattrone
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files with content

I have a file details.csv and I need to create 5 files in same folder named as details1.csv,details2.csv,details3.csv,details4.csv,details5.csv along with contents of details.csv Thanks in Advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting multiple files off an ftp server once they have been downloaded

Hello, I have a server that I have to ftp files off and they all start SGRD and are followed by 6 numbers. SGRD000001 SGRD000002 SGRD000003 The script I have will run every 10 mins to pick up files as new ones will be coming in all the time and what I want to do is delete the files I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sph90457
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move multiple files 4rm Source to different target folders based on a series num in the file content

Dear Experts my scenario is as follows... I have one source folder "Source" and 2 target folders "Target_123456" & "Target_789101". I have 2 series of files. 123456 series and 789101 series. Each series has got 3 types of fiels "Debit", "Refund", "Claims". All files are getting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
17 Replies
Tcl_BooleanObj(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						 Tcl_BooleanObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_NewBooleanObj, Tcl_SetBooleanObj, Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj - store/retrieve boolean value in a Tcl_Obj SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_Obj * Tcl_NewBooleanObj(boolValue) Tcl_SetBooleanObj(objPtr, boolValue) int Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj(interp, objPtr, boolPtr) ARGUMENTS
int boolValue (in) Integer value to be stored as a boolean value in a Tcl_Obj. Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in/out) Points to the Tcl_Obj in which to store, or from which to retrieve a boolean value. Tcl_Interp *interp (in/out) If a boolean value cannot be retrieved, an error message is left in the interpreter's result object unless interp is NULL. int *boolPtr (out) Points to place where Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj stores the boolean value (0 or 1) obtained from objPtr. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedures are used to pass boolean values to and from Tcl as Tcl_Obj's. When storing a boolean value into a Tcl_Obj, any non-zero integer value in boolValue is taken to be the boolean value 1, and the integer value 0 is taken to be the boolean value 0. Tcl_NewBooleanObj creates a new Tcl_Obj, stores the boolean value boolValue in it, and returns a pointer to the new Tcl_Obj. The new Tcl_Obj has reference count of zero. Tcl_SetBooleanObj accepts objPtr, a pointer to an existing Tcl_Obj, and stores in the Tcl_Obj *objPtr the boolean value boolValue. This is a write operation on *objPtr, so objPtr must be unshared. Attempts to write to a shared Tcl_Obj will panic. A successful write of boolValue into *objPtr implies the freeing of any former value stored in *objPtr. Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj attempts to retrive a boolean value from the value stored in *objPtr. If objPtr holds a string value recognized by Tcl_GetBoolean, then the recognized boolean value is written at the address given by boolPtr. If objPtr holds any value recognized as a number by Tcl, then if that value is zero a 0 is written at the address given by boolPtr and if that value is non-zero a 1 is written at the address given by boolPtr. In all cases where a value is written at the address given by boolPtr, Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj returns TCL_OK. If the value of objPtr does not meet any of the conditions above, then TCL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left in the inter- preter's result unless interp is NULL. Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj may also make changes to the internal fields of *objPtr so that future calls to Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj on the same objPtr can be performed more efficiently. Note that the routines Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj and Tcl_GetBoolean are not functional equivalents. The set of values for which Tcl_Get- BooleanFromObj will return TCL_OK is strictly larger than the set of values for which Tcl_GetBoolean will do the same. For example, the value "5" passed to Tcl_GetBooleanFromObj will lead to a TCL_OK return (and the boolean value 1), while the same value passed to Tcl_Get- Boolean will lead to a TCL_ERROR return. SEE ALSO
Tcl_NewObj, Tcl_IsShared, Tcl_GetBoolean KEYWORDS
boolean, object Tcl 8.5 Tcl_BooleanObj(3)