Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression (regex) required Post 302385012 by shams11 on Thursday 7th of January 2010 12:27:23 AM
Old 01-07-2010
MySQL

The following is the jquery code.
Here am reading the values entered in the text box and evaluating that string.

variable fName contains the original string here .

Code:
$("#fName").blur(function(){
        var fName = jQuery.trim($("#fName").val());   // removing white spaces
        var words = fName.split(/[^a-zA-Z0-9.]/);   // allowing only alphanumerics and //.(dot character) here

nfName = jQuery.trim(words.join(" "));   // again joining the string
        if(nfName != fName)
        {
                alert("Special characters other than \".\" are not allowed");       
        }       
});

am able to block all special characters except .
but i want the following criteria to be passed.

ex :
1 . (single) dot should not be allowed in the string i.e (complete string should not be single dot)
2. ...... (multiple dots should not be allowed in the string) i.e (string should not be only dots)
3. a.b.c (dots in b/w the characters can be allowed)
4. special characters other than alphanumeric characters should not be allowed

please post the ideas.

Last edited by pludi; 01-07-2010 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular expression / regex substition on Unicode text

I have a large file encoded in Unicode that I need to convert to CSV. In general, I know how to do this by regular expression substitutions using sed or Perl, but one problem I am having is that I need to put a quotation mark at the end of each line to protect the last field. The usual regex... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomas.hedden
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required help in perl regular expression substitution for this date format

Hi, I have written a small perl script to handle particular date format using perl, but it is not substituting the whole string. Can some one please check on what is the issue with the code. $_ = "Date: November 25, 2010 09:02:01 PM";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a regex as variable to awk and using that as regular expression for search

Hi All, I have a sftp session log where I am transferring multi files by issuing "mput abc*.dat". The contents of the logfile is below - ################################################# Connecting to 10.75.112.194... Changing to: /home/dasd9x/testing1 sftp> mput abc*.dat Uploading... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_bijitesh
7 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Regular expression (regex) clean up text

Hi, Server - MEDIAWIKI - MYSQL - CENTOS 5 - PHP5 I have a database import of close to a million pages into my wiki, mediawiki site, the format that were left with is not pretty, and I need to find a way to clean this up and present it nicely... I think regex is the best option as I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in writing the regular expression.

1 1982 1 testing init.cc 3001 Apr 25 2014 09:56:13.617 Task(0x5bac5060) tRestart (stack st:0x5bace000, end:0x5bac8000) deleted 1 1982 1 testing init.cc 3001 Apr 25 2014 09:56:13.628 Task(0x5bac5060) tRestart (stack st:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
12 Replies
SQLSRV_FETCH_OBJECT(3)													    SQLSRV_FETCH_OBJECT(3)

sqlsrv_fetch_object - Retrieves the next row of data in a result set as an object

SYNOPSIS
mixed sqlsrv_fetch_object (resource $stmt, [string $className], [array $ctorParams], [int $row], [int $offset]) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the next row of data in a result set as an instance of the specified class with properties that match the row field names and values that correspond to the row field values. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A statement resource created by sqlsrv_query(3) or sqlsrv_execute(3). o $className - The name of the class to instantiate. If no class name is specified, stdClass is instantiated. o $ctorParams - Values passed to the constructor of the specified class. If the constructor of the specified class takes parameters, the ctor- Params array must be supplied. o $row - The row to be accessed. This parameter can only be used if the specified statement was prepared with a scrollable cursor. In that case, this parameter can take on one of the following values: oSQLSRV_SCROLL_NEXT oSQLSRV_SCROLL_PRIOR oSQLSRV_SCROLL_FIRST oSQLSRV_SCROLL_LAST oSQLSRV_SCROLL_ABSOLUTE oSQLSRV_SCROLL_RELATIVE o $offset - Specifies the row to be accessed if the row parameter is set to SQLSRV_SCROLL_ABSOLUTE or SQLSRV_SCROLL_RELATIVE. Note that the first row in a result set has index 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object on success, NULL if there are no more rows to return, and FALSE if an error occurs or if the specified class does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sqlsrv_fetch_object(3) example The following example demonstrates how to retrieve a row as a stdClass object. <?php $serverName = "serverNamesqlexpress"; $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"username", "PWD"=>"password"); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } $sql = "SELECT fName, lName FROM Table_1"; $stmt = sqlsrv_query( $conn, $sql); if( $stmt === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } // Retrieve each row as an object. // Because no class is specified, each row will be retrieved as a stdClass object. // Property names correspond to field names. while( $obj = sqlsrv_fetch_object( $stmt)) { echo $obj->fName.", ".$obj->lName."<br />"; } ?> NOTES
If a class name is specified with the optional $className parameter and the class has properties whose names match the result set field names, the corresponding result set values are applied to the properties. If a result set field name does not match a class property, a property with the result set field name is added to the object and the result set value is applied to the property. The following rules apply when using the $className parameter: oField-property name matching is case-sensitive. oField-property matching occurs regardless of access modifiers. oClass property data types are ignored when applying a field value to a property. oIf the class does not exist, the function returns FALSE and adds an error to the error collection. Regardless of whether the $className parameter is supplied, if a field with no name is returned, the field value will be ignored and a warning will be added to the error collection. When consuming a result set that has multiple columns with the same name, it may be better to use sqlsrv_fetch_array(3) or the combination of sqlsrv_fetch(3) and sqlsrv_get_field(3). SEE ALSO
sqlsrv_fetch(3), sqlsrv_fetch_array(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLSRV_FETCH_OBJECT(3)