Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script command - need help urgently Post 302384835 by ggayathri on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 11:59:53 AM
Old 01-06-2010
I am also executing a mail command after the script in the .profile, to send the output of script to the management - more like an audit report.
When exec is used, I find the mail is not sent. Gets terminated. Can someone please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script needed urgently

Hi Frends, I am need of a small shell script. Kindly any body help me by giving me a small shell script to read first line in a file and extract date from the first line and store it in a variable... and after storing it in a variable the first and the last line of the file has to be deleted..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vas_dba
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Information Urgently.

Hi i dont know about the UNIX OS at all but now as my Project requires, i need to learn it as soon as possible. Could anybody please help me out in suggessting any good elementary book on UNIX OS so that atleast i can learn the commands for UNIX servers and at the same time within the short span... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit_krishan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi help in writing awk script(urgently)

hi to all i have file like this file.txt this is naryana expect hyderabad is a cool place now climate VISAKHSAPATNAM became very cool #vizag is my birth place #hyderabad is a cool place #now climate of hyd became very cool #vizag is my birth place #hyderabad is a cool place ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAKSHMI NARAYAN
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help urgently

Hi to All, I m a regular visitor of this site but this one is my first thread . Although I ve tried but I cant find the solution .:confused: I ve number of files having extension .file., which having some define statement in it.The files consits as follows Ex:- abc.file `define ADCONV0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed urgently

hi all i need help I am confused and stucked. Actually i am new in this scripting stuff. I want to give complete txt file as a input to a variable and then sort the data in the file according to the alpha numeric characters, as my text file contains ! and !! and !!! indicating Minor, Major and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
11 Replies

6. Solaris

most urgently about pc-routing

Hi I have knowledge is a little about Solaris 10. I have problem route Question I have two lan interfaces nge0 >> 192.168.1.1 / 24 and link up Client1 >> 192.168.1.10 not out internet (GW 192.168.1.254) nge1 >> 192.168.50.220 /24 and link up Client50 >> 192.168.50.1 can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sermsuk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need urgently....

I am new to shell scripting I am getting file sample.txt from mainframes to my unix machine Mon-Fri every 15 minutes from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. I need to Compare timestamp of sample.txt against system time via a Unix script kicked off by an Autosys job My Task is to write a shell script to monitor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please correct my script - Needed very urgently

hello all, I have a script, used to search for the strings from the set of 5 similar pattern file from the log dir. So here it goes . The input parameter is a part of the file name. When during the script execution, the script should parse the input parameter to original file's with the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help Urgently - ksh Script

Requirement is to list the files older than 365 days from multiple directories and delete them and log the list of files which are deleted to a log file. so 1 script should only list files older than 365 days for each directory separately to a folder The other script should read these files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
4 Replies
AA-EXEC(8)							     AppArmor								AA-EXEC(8)

NAME
aa-exec - confine a program with the specified AppArmor profile SYNOPSIS
aa-exec [options] [--] [<command> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-exec is used to launch a program confined by the specified profile and or namespace. If both a profile and namespace are specified command will be confined by profile in the new policy namespace. If only a namespace is specified, the profile name of the current confinement will be used. If neither a profile or namespace is specified command will be run using standard profile attachment (ie. as if run without the aa-exec command). If the arguments are to be pasted to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec then -- should be used to separate aa-exec arguments from the command. aa-exec -p profile1 -- ls -l OPTIONS aa-exec accepts the following arguments: -p PROFILE, --profile=PROFILE confine <command> with PROFILE. If the PROFILE is not specified use the current profile name (likely unconfined). -n NAMESPACE, --namespace=NAMESPACE use profiles in NAMESPACE. This will result in confinement transitioning to using the new profile namespace. -f FILE, --file=FILE a file or directory containing profiles to load before confining the program. -i, --immediate transition to PROFILE before doing executing <command>. This subjects the running of <command> to the exec transition rules of the current profile. -v, --verbose show commands being performed -d, --debug show commands and error codes -- Signal the end of options and disables further option processing. Any arguments after the -- are treated as arguments of the command. This is useful when passing arguments to the <command> being invoked by aa-exec. BUGS
If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
aa-stack(8), aa-namespace(8), apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa_change_profile(3), aa_change_onexec(3) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-EXEC(8)