Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Looking for Solaris 10 10/09 Drivers for these Devices Post 302384777 by Tenyhwa on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 09:32:00 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Yes. I tried it but no drivers were detected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install drivers Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to figure out a way to install drivers for a network card. I have a 3C905C-TXM 3Com card that appeared to check out on Solaris's Web Site. I found what I thought was a driver, although that may not be the case, because the instructions asked me to copy-and-paste the contents into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

2. Solaris

devices in solaris 10

i want to use the devfsadm command and understand its function (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bondoq
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris print devices

I've been looking in my /dev directory for my available devices to set up a printer and was expecting to see some lp or lpr devices using Solaris 8, but I do not see them so I'm a little confused? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroglass
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris drivers

Hi All, Does anyone know where I can download the ge drivers for solaris 2.6? Having a bit of a mare trying to find them anywhere. Thanks Rgrds Marty (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris way if interpreting devices?

Hi all, I wanted to know the solaris way of interpreting devices? I mean i understand all those c0t0....stuff but when i start mounting devices , most of the times i get either a I/O error or it says that the directory does not exist. eg: I have a external usb hub to which i have connected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Printer drivers.

Hi, I have a solaris 10 server that I have set up a number of printers on which are working fine. I have set these up from the print manager and used the default list of printers available within print manager to set them up. There is two or three printers I need to set up which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 and Broadcom drivers

Hi to all, I've installed Solaris 10 on my workstation but I've some networks problems.My NIC,a Broadcom integrated chipset don't work with solaris.Whit the prtconf command I'm unable to identify the correct chipset's model.And I'm searching hovewer for some drivers but I'm fear that Broadcom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris I/O devices info

Hi, can anyone help in finding the hardware related details of I/O devices of remote solaris machine .Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheepv
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris zone devices

Hello all, I'm having issue with trying to add device resource to my zone from the global zone. I did the following zoncfg -x larryase add device set match="/dev/tty*" end I get device already set, but in me zone I don't see the device. Is there a "reboot -- r" command for zones? or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

10. Solaris

NIC drivers+solaris 10

Installed solaris 10 and now i want to connect to internet,to make work this i need to NIC drivers can some body tell me is it possible to get drivers and how to install. I am dying to get rid of this problem..please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
1 Replies
lsdev(1M)																 lsdev(1M)

NAME
lsdev - list device drivers in the system SYNOPSIS
driver | class] block_major] char_major] major] [major ...] DESCRIPTION
The command lists, one pair per line, the major device numbers and driver names of device drivers configured into the system and available for invocation via special files. A in either the block or character column means that a major number does not exist for that type. If no arguments are specified, lists all drivers configured into the system. If the option is specified, will not print a heading. This option may be useful when the output of will be used by another program. The and options are used to select specific device drivers for output. If more than one option is specified, all drivers that match the criteria specified by those options will be listed. These search options are divided into two types: name search keys (the and options) and major number search keys (the and options). If both types of options are present, only entries that match both types are printed. The same type of option may appear more than once on the command line with each occurrence providing an ORing effect of that search type. The and options may not be specified at the same time. The ability to process major arguments is provided for compatibility and functions like the option. Options List device drivers that match class. List device drivers with the name driver. List device drivers with a block major number of block_major. List device drivers with a character major number of char_major. List device drivers with either a character major number or block major equal to major. DIAGNOSTICS
The and options may not be specified at the same time. A major number is malformed or out of range. EXAMPLES
To output entries for all drivers in the class: To output entries that are in the class that have either a block or character major number of To get the character major number of into a shell environment variable: WARNINGS
Some device drivers available from the system may be intended for use by other drivers. Attempting to use them directly from a special file may produce unexpected results. A driver may be listed even when the hardware requiring the driver is not present. Attempts to access a driver without the corresponding hardware will fail. only lists drivers that are configured into the currently executing kernel. For a complete list of available drivers, please run (see sam(1M). DEPENDENCIES
Since relies on the device driver information provided in a routine, may not list drivers installed by other means. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
sam(1M). Section 7 entries related to specific device drivers. lsdev(1M)