Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Looking for Solaris 10 10/09 Drivers for these Devices Post 302384777 by Tenyhwa on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 09:32:00 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Yes. I tried it but no drivers were detected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install drivers Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to figure out a way to install drivers for a network card. I have a 3C905C-TXM 3Com card that appeared to check out on Solaris's Web Site. I found what I thought was a driver, although that may not be the case, because the instructions asked me to copy-and-paste the contents into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

2. Solaris

devices in solaris 10

i want to use the devfsadm command and understand its function (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bondoq
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris print devices

I've been looking in my /dev directory for my available devices to set up a printer and was expecting to see some lp or lpr devices using Solaris 8, but I do not see them so I'm a little confused? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroglass
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris drivers

Hi All, Does anyone know where I can download the ge drivers for solaris 2.6? Having a bit of a mare trying to find them anywhere. Thanks Rgrds Marty (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris way if interpreting devices?

Hi all, I wanted to know the solaris way of interpreting devices? I mean i understand all those c0t0....stuff but when i start mounting devices , most of the times i get either a I/O error or it says that the directory does not exist. eg: I have a external usb hub to which i have connected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Printer drivers.

Hi, I have a solaris 10 server that I have set up a number of printers on which are working fine. I have set these up from the print manager and used the default list of printers available within print manager to set them up. There is two or three printers I need to set up which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 and Broadcom drivers

Hi to all, I've installed Solaris 10 on my workstation but I've some networks problems.My NIC,a Broadcom integrated chipset don't work with solaris.Whit the prtconf command I'm unable to identify the correct chipset's model.And I'm searching hovewer for some drivers but I'm fear that Broadcom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris I/O devices info

Hi, can anyone help in finding the hardware related details of I/O devices of remote solaris machine .Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheepv
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris zone devices

Hello all, I'm having issue with trying to add device resource to my zone from the global zone. I did the following zoncfg -x larryase add device set match="/dev/tty*" end I get device already set, but in me zone I don't see the device. Is there a "reboot -- r" command for zones? or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

10. Solaris

NIC drivers+solaris 10

Installed solaris 10 and now i want to connect to internet,to make work this i need to NIC drivers can some body tell me is it possible to get drivers and how to install. I am dying to get rid of this problem..please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
1 Replies
READER.CONF(5)							    PC/SC Lite							    READER.CONF(5)

NAME
reader.conf - configuration file for pcscd readers' drivers DESCRIPTION
The /etc/reader.conf file contains configuration information for serial and (some) PCMCIA smart card readers. USB readers SHALL NOT be configured using this file. pcscd uses another mechanism to automatically load USB drivers. SYNTAX
The /etc/reader.conf is a regular text file. Each reader must be defined by four fields: FRIENDLYNAME TEXT_STRING DEVICENAME FILENAME LIBPATH FILENAME CHANNELID NUMBER The "FRIENDLYNAME" field is an arbitrary text used to identify the reader. This text is displayed by commands like pcsc_scan(1) that prints the names of all the connected and detected readers. The "DEVICENAME" field was not used for old drivers (using the IFD handler version 2.0 or earlier). It is now (IFD handler version 3.0) used to identify the physical port on which the reader is connected. This is the device name of this port. It is dependent of the OS ker- nel. The first serial port device is called /dev/ttyS0 under Linux and /dev/cuaa0 under FreeBSD. The "LIBPATH" field is the filename of the driver code. The driver is a dynamically loaded piece of code (generally a drivername.so*file). The "CHANNELID" is no more used for recent drivers (IFD handler 3.0) and has been superseded by "DEVICENAME". If you have an old driver this field is used to indicate the port to use. You should read your driver documentation to know what information is needed here. It should be the serial port number for a serial reader. EXAMPLE
# Gemplus GemPCTwin reader with serial communication # connected to the first serial port FRIENDLYNAME "GemPCTwin serial" DEVICENAME /dev/ttyS0 LIBPATH /usr/lib64/readers/serial/libccidtwin.so.0.4.1 CHANNELID 1 DEBUGGING
In order to set up your /etc/reader.conf file correctly you may want to have debug messages from pcscd. I recommend you to start pscsd in the foreground and debug mode using: # pcscd --foreground --debug If everything seems OK you can use the pcsc_scan command to print the list of correctly detected readers and try to get the ATR of your smart cards. AUTHOR
Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr> SEE ALSO
pcscd(8), pcsc_scan(1) Muscle August 2005 READER.CONF(5)