Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Patches
Operating Systems Linux Linux Patches Post 302384741 by stevej123 on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 07:39:19 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Linux Patches

How do you determine the missing security patches on a Linux Server, I think in Solaris you could use showrev -p but unsure of the Linux alternative, or any tool to do this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to find and apply patches in RHAT linux?

Hi: This is an elementary qs. Thanks in advance, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbose
4 Replies

2. Solaris

OS Patches

Hi all, We are planning to install Oracle 10g in the Sun Solaris 10 (64 bit Sun Sparc ). Can any one please tell me what are the OS level patches that has to be installed in the OS before starting installation of Oracle 10g. Thanks and Regards, Prashanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix, Linux Patches

How are patches for vulnerabilities deployed for UNIX, and Linux? How are customers alerted of patches and updates for each company? Are the patches deployed automatically? Is there a certain day that they are deployed or ready for use? I have done several different kinds of search at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: purplebear
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux security patches

Hi all, :) I'm quite new with installation of security patches in Linux Redhat Enterprise, here's my question. I have 2 machine of this RHEL(never patch before) since it never connects directly to the internet(block by firewall) and I want to update the patches now because my boss asked me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flekzout
1 Replies

5. Solaris

patches

# /usr/sbin/patchadd -p | grep 119961 Patch: 119961-02 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWsprot Patch: 119961-04 Obsoletes: Requires: Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWsprot I was trying to check if i have the above patch on my system when i got the result as shown above, does this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

6. Solaris

OS patches

Hi all, I am working on SUN-fire server solaris-10 How to find out what & how much " OS patches " installed on it?? plz help me out .:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies

7. Solaris

OS Patches

Hi, Please let me know how to check all the opearating system patches that were applied on an Sun Solaris machine. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
2 Replies

8. AIX

List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches

I need to find out list of installed patches from given list of patches. I have tried using instfix -f <File containing list of patches> -i -c But I was not able to understand the output of this command. It was like below. bos.perf.tools: :0.0.0.0:?: bos.rte.libc: :0.0.0.0:?: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh Agrawal
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Patches for Red Hat Linux

i am installing an application and i am getting this error message about patches Would you like to see system information? Operating System Information Name: Linux Architecture: i386 Version: 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 Required OS Patch Levels Passed Name ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
4 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)