Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris: email to user
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris: email to user Post 302384719 by jlliagre on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 06:44:18 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maooah
Code:
root $cat resolv.conf
domain          mrai.com
#nameserver     182.40.3.16

It would help for your nameserver setting not to be commented out by that leading "#" ...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Sending email to a User from C++

How do i send a mail to User from c++? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send email as a different user than the user logged in

Hi I am using mailx to send email and am wondering if there is a way I can send the email from a different user than the user logged in. something like do-not-reply@xyz.com Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email sent to multiple user address?

hi all, This is user that i want sent the email: Email = allan@gmail.com bruce8899@gmail.com Chris@gmail.com echo "$dir : $filecount is over the limit $limit " | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" "${email}" However it cannot sent to 3 user..only sent to 1 user email address. Any 1 can help me... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send one email per user

I created a bash script that gets a file formats it, sends an email to the user(s), however, for whatever reason, it will send an email per line with all of the lines in it, so essentially the user will get 10 duplicate emails with the same 10 results. I've modified the script to put the results of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotdang
2 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Regarding registration email for new user

Hello Moderators, Greetings !! This is regarding my friend to whom I refered this forum to learn UNIX. User didn't receieved any registration email yet, could you please help user. Will be grateful to you on same. Login name: Gurvinder_Kaur NOTE: User doesn't have enough bits for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies
COMPAT_ULTRIX(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  COMPAT_ULTRIX(8)

NAME
compat_ultrix -- setup procedure for ULTRIX compatibility on MIPS and VAX architectures DESCRIPTION
NetBSD/mips and NetBSD/vax architectures can run Risc ULTRIX and VAX ULTRIX executables, respectively. However, you have to worry about the legal issues of ensuring that you have a right to use any ULTRIX binaries on your machine. Most executables will work. The exceptions include programs that use proprietary, ULTRIX-specific features (LAT, CI support, DECnet support) and various system calls, ioctl()'s, or ULTRIX kernel semantics that are difficult to emulate (e.g. ULTRIX packetfilter) or buggy (e.g. ULTRIX NIS). All ULTRIX executables are static, so no shared libraries are required for ULTRIX compatibility. However, ULTRIX is based on a 4.3BSD alpha release. ULTRIX commands and libraries are often much older than their NetBSD or even SunOS 4.x equivalents, and may require incompatible configuration files. SYSTEM CONFIGURATION FILES
Set up resolv.conf and svc.conf as below: # mkdir -p /emul/ultrix/etc # cd /emul/ultrix/etc # egrep 'domain|nameserver' /etc/resolv.conf > ./resolv.conf # cp -p /usr/share/examples/emul/ultrix/etc/* ./ /etc/resolv.conf The ULTRIX resolver library only understands domain and nameserver lines in resolv.conf(5). You should create a copy of /etc/resolv.conf containing only those commands and put it in /emul/ultrix/etc/resolv.conf. Note that the domain search order used by ULTRIX executables may not be the same as native binaries; there is no good way around this. /etc/svc.conf ULTRIX uses /etc/svc.conf to select an ordered search of NIS, Hesiod, or local flat-file mappings. You should create an /emul/ultrix/etc/svc.conf specifying either local files or bind (DNS) lookups for all ULTRIX name services. SEE ALSO
resolv.conf(5) BUGS
RISC ULTRIX NIS (YP) is known to not work. The ULTRIX NIS libraries have a consistent endian-ness bug. ULTRIX NIS client will not inter- operate with the NetBSD ypbind(8) process. The only workaround is to use /etc/svc.conf to disable NIS (YP). The ndbm hashed-password file used by ULTRIX are incompatible with the db hashed-password file used by NetBSD. There is no good solution for this. NIS would be a good one, if ULTRIX NIS worked. The API used by Xservers to talk to the kernel is currently compatible with ULTRIX 4.1. An implementation of the ULTRIX 4.2 Xws interface (used by X11R6) is in progress. A complete list of things which fail to work in ULTRIX compatibility mode should be added here. BSD
January 16, 1999 BSD