Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find the server ip is alive ? Post 302384689 by krackjack on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 05:31:21 AM
Old 01-06-2010
How to find the server ip is alive ?

How to write a shell script to find ports are open for the server.

Thanks in advance.

regards
krackjack

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to ping a host, is it alive or not ...

hello to everyone, i was wondering if you could help me with a script im working on, it's kind of simple but i dont have a lot experience on unix comands: well, here it is: you might apreciate the infinite while loop :D, it is supossed to be running on the server all day scaning it every 5... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Need to find whether my unix server is a stand alone server or its in a cluster

Hi All, Could any one pls tell me how to find whether a unix server is a stand alone server or its in a cluster. I need a command through which i can find whether the unix m/c is clustered or not. Thanx in advance Regards, Naveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveen Kumar V
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket still alive!!

Hi, I'm investigate about a problem regarding a connection between two server (S1 and S2). A client software on S1 made a pool of connections on S2; for some reason some connections end but sockets still alive on S2 and not on S1. I always knew about sockets as a pair of processes; is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grado
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we keep our script alive while logging out.

Hi I want to keep my script running even when i am logged off from the box. can we run the script in background which can automatically run every hour? Please advise. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keep Server Alive with Cron Job

Despite my best efforts, my media streaming server still dies sometimes and I am in a random place trying to ssh into the server to restart it on my cell phone after customers start calling.... I tried using google to track down a script that would do the following Every 5 min execute: sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhalls
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep connection alive between PC and board

HI all, I have armv7 board and i will execute script in host machine with ssh connection from board . I have to test when board in standby mode the script runned in host remain working . The result is the reverse when kernel is in standby mode on board. SSH connection closed and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwen_joe
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Is this forum alive?

Odd thing. I posted in the Solaris forum, new user, just asking for a bit of advice. Nothing too complicated. As of this post there have been 140 views and zero replies. So that got me thinking, is this normal? I had a look around, and I see the same thing on many other threads, and in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _JonB_
2 Replies

8. Programming

Socket Keep-Alive

Hi I'm adding http 1.1 GET to my project and trying to use “Keep-Alive” HTTP connections to the host, The problem is when I recv() the first page, it succeeds. However, the 2nd consecutive recv() will receive zero bytes, for which I really have no idea. As per HTTP 1.1 I have Connection: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Projecteer
6 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Command to find if a server is a VIP or normal server

I have a list of servers which has both VIP and normal server. Is there a command to identify which server is a VIP and which is a normal server? Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Rajesh
1 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)