Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove all text except pattern Post 302384578 by Ygor on Tuesday 5th of January 2010 09:15:32 PM
Old 01-05-2010
Previous perl code produces output...
Code:
title=""
title="The Java language specification"

New requirement is to exclude empty text, so try...
Code:
perl -nle 'print for m/title=\"[^\"]+\"/g' nasty.html > titles.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

process text between pattern and print other text

Hi All, The file has the following. =========start of file=== This is a file containing employee info START name john id 123 date 12/1/09 END START name sam id 4234 date 12/1/08 resigned END (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlinet
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove last text of a file that have specific pattern

Input file matrix-remodelling_associated_8_ aurora_interacting_1_ L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B_ . . Output file matrix-remodelling_associated_8 aurora_interacting_1 L20 von_factor_A_domain_1 ATP_containing_3B . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last pattern

I have a file with entries below. domain1.com.http: domain2.com.49503: I need this to be sorted like below. ie remove the patten after the last right-hand side . (dot). domain1.com domain2.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a pattern in a line and remove another pattern

Hi, I want to search a pattern in a text file and remove another pattern in that file. my text file look like this 0.000000 1.970000 F 303 - 1.970000 2.080000 VH VH + 2.080000 2.250000 VH VH + 2.250000 2.330000 VH L - 2.330000 2.360000 F H + 2.360000 2.410000 L VL - 2.410000 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate occurrences of text pattern

Hi folks! I have a file which contains a 1000 lines. On each line i have multiple occurrences ( 26 to be exact ) of pattern folder#/folder#. # is depicting the line number in the file some text here folder1/folder1 some text here folder1/folder1 some text here folder1/folder1 some text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comments like pattern from text

Hi , We need to remove comment like pattern from a code text. The possible comment expressions are as follows. Input BizComment : Special/*@ Name:bzt_53_3aea640a_51783afa_5d64_0 BizHidden:true @*/ /* lookup Disease Category Therapuetic Class */ a=b;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikashKumar
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a char before a pattern?

Hi I have a file where i want to remove a char before a specific pattern. exp: CREATE TABLE ( A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed )AS SELECT A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed FROM TABLE. So i want to delete the comma(,) after the C both ways.Pattern can be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the text between all curly brackets from text file?

Hello experts, I have a text file with lot of curly brackets (both opening { & closing } ). I need to delete them alongwith the text between opening & closing brackets' pair. For ex: Input:- 59. Rh1 Qe4 {(Qf5-e4 Qd8-g8+ Kg6-f5 Qg8-h7+ Kf5-e5 Qh7-e7+ Ke5-f5 Qe7-d7+ Qe4-e6 Qd7-h7+ Qe6-g6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to remove pattern and lines above pattern

In the awk below I am trying to remove all lines above and including the pattern Test or Test2. Each block is seperated by a newline and Test2 also appears in the lines to keep but it will always have additional text after it. The Test to remove will not. The awk executed until the || was added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)						 1						  PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)

preg_replace_callback - Perform a regular expression search and replace using a callback

SYNOPSIS
mixed preg_replace_callback (mixed $pattern, callable $callback, mixed $subject, [int $limit = -1], [int &$count]) DESCRIPTION
The behavior of this function is almost identical to preg_replace(3), except for the fact that instead of $replacement parameter, one should specify a $callback. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The pattern to search for. It can be either a string or an array with strings. o $callback - A callback that will be called and passed an array of matched elements in the $subject string. The callback should return the replacement string. This is the callback signature: string handler (array $matches) You'll often need the $callback function for a preg_replace_callback(3) in just one place. In this case you can use an anonymous function to declare the callback within the call to preg_replace_callback(3). By doing it this way you have all information for the call in one place and do not clutter the function namespace with a callback function's name not used anywhere else. Example #1 preg_replace_callback(3) and anonymous function <?php /* a unix-style command line filter to convert uppercase * letters at the beginning of paragraphs to lowercase */ $fp = fopen("php://stdin", "r") or die("can't read stdin"); while (!feof($fp)) { $line = fgets($fp); $line = preg_replace_callback( '|<p>s*w|', function ($matches) { return strtolower($matches[0]); }, $line ); echo $line; } fclose($fp); ?> o $subject - The string or an array with strings to search and replace. o $limit - The maximum possible replacements for each pattern in each $subject string. Defaults to -1 (no limit). o $count - If specified, this variable will be filled with the number of replacements done. RETURN VALUES
preg_replace_callback(3) returns an array if the $subject parameter is an array, or a string otherwise. On errors the return value is NULL If matches are found, the new subject will be returned, otherwise $subject will be returned unchanged. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | The $count parameter was added | | | | +--------+---------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #2 preg_replace_callback(3) example <?php // this text was used in 2002 // we want to get this up to date for 2003 $text = "April fools day is 04/01/2002 "; $text.= "Last christmas was 12/24/2001 "; // the callback function function next_year($matches) { // as usual: $matches[0] is the complete match // $matches[1] the match for the first subpattern // enclosed in '(...)' and so on return $matches[1].($matches[2]+1); } echo preg_replace_callback( "|(d{2}/d{2}/)(d{4})|", "next_year", $text); ?> The above example will output: April fools day is 04/01/2003 Last christmas was 12/24/2002 Example #3 preg_replace_callback(3) using recursive structure to handle encapsulated BB code <?php $input = "plain [indent] deep [indent] deeper [/indent] deep [/indent] plain"; function parseTagsRecursive($input) { $regex = '#[indent]((?:[^[]|[(?!/?indent])|(?R))+)[/indent]#'; if (is_array($input)) { $input = '<div style="margin-left: 10px">'.$input[1].'</div>'; } return preg_replace_callback($regex, 'parseTagsRecursive', $input); } $output = parseTagsRecursive($input); echo $output; ?> SEE ALSO
PCRE Patterns, preg_quote(3), preg_replace(3), preg_last_error(3), Anonymous functions, information about the callback type. PHP Documentation Group PREG_REPLACE_CALLBACK(3)