Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print last 2 fields of a line Post 302384325 by daptal on Monday 4th of January 2010 10:33:20 PM
Old 01-04-2010
Code:
awk '{print $(NF-1)" "$NF}' input_file

HTH,
PL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple fields in file1 to file2 and print line and next line

Hello, I have two files that I need to compare and print out the line from file2 that has the first 6 fields matching the first 6 fields in file1. Complicating this are the following restrictions 1. file1 is only a few thousand lines at most and file2 is greater than 2 million 2. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesc_mac
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the number of fields in each line

I am looking for equivalent of following awk command in perl # awk '{ print NF ":" $0 } ' junk1 8:VAH NIC_TYPE CONFIG SIZE_GB PILO KOM BHA_GRP DESCR 8:2 NIC6 cont 34 y n shal_orgrp /shal 8:4 NIC5 signa 52 n y shal_orgrp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of fields then increment a counter reading line by line in a file

Hi, i have a scenario were i should compare a few fields from each line then increment a variable based on that. Example file 989878|8999|Y|0|Y|N|V 989878|8999|Y|0|N|N|V 989878|8999|Y|2344|Y|N|V i have 3 conditions to check and increment a variable on every line condition 1 if ( $3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove fields space and append next line to previous line.?

awk 'BEGIN{FS = "Ç"} NR == 1 {p = $0; next} NF > 1 {print p; p = $0} NF <= 1 {p = (p " " $0)} END {print p}' input.txt > output.txt This is what the input data file looks like with broken lines Code: 29863 Ç890000000 Ç543209911 ÇCHNGOHG Ç000000001 Ç055 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print . in blank fields to prevent fields from shifting

The below code works great, kindly provided by @Don Cragun, the lines in bold print the current output. Since some of the fields printed can be blank some of the fields are shifted. I can not seem too add . to the blank fields like in the desired output. Basically, if there is nothing in the field... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print line is values between two fields in separate file

I am trying to use awk to find all the $3 values in file2 that are between $2 and $3 in file1. If a value in $3 of file2 is between the file1 fields then it is printed along with the $6 value in file1. Both file1 and file2 are tab-delimited as well as the desired output. If there is nothing to... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching fields in input but only print line with largest value in specific field

In the below I am trying to use awk to match all the $13 values in input, which is tab-delimited, that are in $1 of gene which is just a single column of text. However only the line with the greatest $9 value in input needs to be printed. So in the example below all the MECP2 and LTBP1... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line if values in fields matches number and text

datafile: 2017-03-24 10:26:22.098566|5|'No Route for Sndr:RETEK RMS 00040 /ZZ Appl:PF Func:PD Txn:832 Group Cntr:None ISA CntlNr:None Ver:003050 '|'2'|'PFI'|'-'|'EAI_ED_DeleteAll'|'EAI_ED'|NULL|NULL|NULL|139050594|ActivityLog| 2017-03-27 02:50:02.028706|5|'No Route for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
JOIN(1) 							   User Commands							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - join lines of two files on a common field SYNOPSIS
join [OPTION]... FILE1 FILE2 DESCRIPTION
For each pair of input lines with identical join fields, write a line to standard output. The default join field is the first, delimited by blanks. When FILE1 or FILE2 (not both) is -, read standard input. -a FILENUM also print unpairable lines from file FILENUM, where FILENUM is 1 or 2, corresponding to FILE1 or FILE2 -e EMPTY replace missing input fields with EMPTY -i, --ignore-case ignore differences in case when comparing fields -j FIELD equivalent to '-1 FIELD -2 FIELD' -o FORMAT obey FORMAT while constructing output line -t CHAR use CHAR as input and output field separator -v FILENUM like -a FILENUM, but suppress joined output lines -1 FIELD join on this FIELD of file 1 -2 FIELD join on this FIELD of file 2 --check-order check that the input is correctly sorted, even if all input lines are pairable --nocheck-order do not check that the input is correctly sorted --header treat the first line in each file as field headers, print them without trying to pair them -z, --zero-terminated line delimiter is NUL, not newline --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Unless -t CHAR is given, leading blanks separate fields and are ignored, else fields are separated by CHAR. Any FIELD is a field number counted from 1. FORMAT is one or more comma or blank separated specifications, each being 'FILENUM.FIELD' or '0'. Default FORMAT outputs the join field, the remaining fields from FILE1, the remaining fields from FILE2, all separated by CHAR. If FORMAT is the keyword 'auto', then the first line of each file determines the number of fields output for each line. Important: FILE1 and FILE2 must be sorted on the join fields. E.g., use "sort -k 1b,1" if 'join' has no options, or use "join -t ''" if 'sort' has no options. Note, comparisons honor the rules specified by 'LC_COLLATE'. If the input is not sorted and some lines cannot be joined, a warning message will be given. AUTHOR
Written by Mike Haertel. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report join translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
comm(1), uniq(1) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/join> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) join invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 JOIN(1)