Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl netbackup script?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl netbackup script? Post 302384025 by jld on Monday 4th of January 2010 06:07:14 AM
Old 01-04-2010
Thanks, I will check tomorrow iff the script will works now.

---------- Post updated 04-01-10 at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous update was 03-01-10 at 03:39 PM ----------

The script works, but there are errors at the beginning when I ran the script.

bash-3.00# ./test
Name "main:SmilieATA" used only once: possible typo at ./test line 2.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at ./test line 11, <LINKLIST> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at ./test line 12, <LINKLIST> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in printf at ./test line 13, <LINKLIST> line 1.

---------- Post updated at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:06 PM ----------

Name "main:: DATA" used only once: possible typo at ./test line 2.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at ./test line 11, <LINKLIST> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at ./test line 12, <LINKLIST> line 1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Veritas NetBackup

Veritas NetBackup, how does it work?? I mean, I know it is used for backups and restores but really, can anybody give me a brief or any explanation that sums up basically what it is about besides the fact that it does backups and restores??? Please, if you have any information, I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Netbackup question

Hello, I am setting up scripts to do shadow image backups but have found a pitfall I cannot figure out how to work around. Basically what I need to figure out is how to launch a bunch of bpbackups, and then have the script pause until all of the children have exited. The problem is that bpbackup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Netbackup on Solaris 8

Hi, Anyone know netbackup 3.4 on Solaris 8 . Currently I use root to perform backup / monitoring ...etc . Can I create a user call "backup" and perform the same task What permission should I give the "backup" user . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Netbackup Installation

Hello all. I have a HP-UX 11.11 system that I need to install Netbackup 6.5 onto. After I mount the cd drive and run the 'install' command, it comes back with the following error: usage: install file WHAT options is it talking about? When I look at the documentation from Netbackup, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Netbackup Questions

I have 2 questions maybe those netbackup experts and gurus in the house can help. Firstly, is there a particular location maybe under /usr/openv where I can find a diretory or file which contains all the backup policy information, so lets say If someone were to physically delete all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup 6 Question

What is the command to find out if a policy has been run and if it has the date it was last run? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
0 Replies

7. Solaris

veritas netbackup

Hi All, We are currently running Veritas netbackup. We are currently having a few issues where were unable to log in due to several errors. Out usual fix for this is to recycle the backup servers however due to the nature of the information being backed up this is done by someone else and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickyclayton201
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netbackup Report

Would I be able to get the report (text format) of an activity monitor view of a netbackup via command line? I am trying to make a script out of it that would be run daily an be saved in a txt document which would could be viewed for history purpose. I need minimal details only like policy name,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Netbackup Perl Script

please let me know if you can help me out. I need to modify a perl netbackup script to do the following. Will need to enhance a script to do the following: to initiate an incremental during the week and a full only during the weekend. to check if there is another full currently running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lia123
0 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
PERLUTS(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLUTS(1)

NAME
perluts - Perl under UTS SYNOPSIS
This document can be read as is: as README.uts, or you can read it after you build your package using "man perluts". The purpose is to help you build Perl for UTS, which, if you follow these instructions, should be easy, and result in a solidly working installation. DESCRIPTION
Perl 5.7.2 (Developmental) or Perl 5.8.x (forthcoming) for UTS BUILDING PERL ON UTS
NOTE: Some sites have redefined the way uname works, and if yours does this, special steps must be taken so that Configure can recognize your system as a UTS system. To see if you are in this category, issue the command "uname -a". It should look something like: uts juno 4 4.4 9672 370 At any rate, the first field should be "uts". If this is not the case; supposing it is, say telcoUTS, create a script, uts/uname (i.e. uname, in the subdirectory "uts" of the main Perl source dir): # uname /usr/bin/uname "$@" | sed -e 's/^telcoUTS/uts/' and when you execute Configure, do it as below, except for adding PATH=uts:$PATH as a prefix. I.e. do: PATH=uts:$PATH ./Configure ... There is no need to do an interactive configure, just type ./Configure -de [-Dusedevel] [-Doptimize=-g ] 2>&1 | tee Conf.out "-Dusedevel" may be required to configure Perl 5.7.2 non-interactively. Use -Doptimize=-g if you want to run Perl under sdb or gdb, OR if you want to be able to use the -D command line flags to perl, which are occasionally useful in debugging perl scripts. In this and the following steps, the "2>&1 | tee XXX.out" records all output from the process, which will be useful if anything unexpected goes wrong. Then do the compilation with make 2>&1 | tee make.out Finally, test using make test 2>&1 | tee make-test.out In the output, the only failures you should see should look like: lib/Math/BigInt/t/bigfltpm.........Use of uninitialized value ... FAILED at test 57 lib/Math/BigInt/t/bigintc..........ok lib/Math/BigInt/t/bigintpm.........FAILED at test 204 lib/Math/BigInt/t/mbimbf...........Use of uninitialized value ... Illegal division by zero at ../lib/Math/BigInt/Calc.pm line 314. FAILED at test 71 lib/Math/Complex...................exp: OVERFLOW FAILED at test 250 lib/Math/Trig......................exp: OVERFLOW ok lib/Memoize/t/array................ok ... lib/Net/protoent...................ok lib/Net/servent....................FAILED at test 0 This means that everything passes except for some problems in the packages "Math::BigInt", "Math::Complex", and "Math::Trig". The lib/Net/servent failure seems to be a bug in the test program. To confirm this, from the main Perl source dir, do: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd` ./perl -Ilib lib/Net/servent.t and it should output 1..3 ok 1 ok 2 ok 3 Installing the built perl on UTS Run the command "make install" AUTHOR
Hal Morris UTS Global LLC email: hom00@utsglobal.com perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 PERLUTS(1)